Will phones like HTC Arrive and HTC Trophy get tango?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
suppose to. (no phone left behind ) but i think tango is just a NODO update... the real question is : is APPOLO gona be supported on old wp ;)

i dont think will see any update problems until Duel-core WP start coming out.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So if i bought the trophy today, for the next 2 years (untill my contract is up), would YOU think it would most likely be able to get whatever update comes up? The trophys release date was May 14, 2011, so its not that old..right?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So if i bought the trophy today, for the next 2 years (untill my contract is up), would YOU think it would most likely be able to get whatever update comes up? The trophys release date was May 14, 2011, so its not that old..right?

Save your money and by it off contract. Then you aren't stuck with a 2 year contract. Check pricing on eBay and Amazon.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
WP 7 updates

Save your money and by it off contract. Then you aren't stuck with a 2 year contract. Check pricing on eBay and Amazon.

Good advice. This way, no matter the carrier, you can get one on contract later or do as I do now; buy off contract and change whenever I feel the need.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There would come a time that the 1st Gen hardware will be left behind. I don't know if it's after Tango, after Apollo...but technical logic says it'll get dropped eventually.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not too shabby to be left with WP7 the way it is. I think my device will live a long time in my drawer after I've moved on to the latest and greatest WP version and will bring back nice memories of when WP was just starting.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I'm tying to think what else they could add to make it better. I think NFC and 4G are then only thing left. But that's not a major selling point for me. My next WP7 device is going to last me a looooooong time.
Not too shabby to be left with WP7 the way it is. I think my device will live a long time in my drawer after I've moved on to the latest and greatest WP version and will bring back nice memories of when WP was just starting.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I would like to bet that the screen resolution will definitely change post-Apollo. 480x800 has become a negative in some of the reviews of Windows Phone. I can't see that lasting through another iteration.

That means that all current phones probably won't get the update (or at least the same update) as phones post-Tango.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
From what little I've read, with the new iteration of Windows Phone, they are basically becoming more Computer than Phone. The software is updated from MS now more than from the carrier as it has been since the beginning. So, when the OS is released, it will be available for the individual to install. That also means that, eventually, the OS will outpace the previous technology. Just like I cannot, install and run Windows 7 on my Acer 710XT but it still runs DOS3.3 like nobodies business.

nrguser

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The reason for strict hardware requirements is so that software updates can be applied to all phones, to avoid an android like fragmentation. The only thing your phone wont support are features specific to your phone (such as font facing camera)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon