Ice Cream Sandwich rips Metro?

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
article said:
Matias also told me that a new style guide was being prepped for developers with lots of off-the-rack pieces that would make it easier for third-parties to create the same kind of streamlined, beautiful applications I saw in Ice Cream Sandwich.

So first he bashes on the 'Metro' styling and how it confines devs (it doesn't), then in the next breath they're going to give out a 'style guide' to make it 'easier' to create like-styled apps?

oh well. he's obviously a good designer and it will push all 3 bigs to keep improving.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've figured out what the Galaxy nexus reminds me of. From the side, it's the sole of a worn-out shoe that's fallen off! :)

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, how many people WORLDWIDE are gamers? Isn't that a small subset of the smartphone buying population?

Well like I said you will have to look at the sales of the PS Vita. That is going to tell you how many people really want portable gaming. And ALSO look at the overall sales of the Sony Ericsson Play 4G, which is basically a PSP with phone interface. That device seemed to have been a good seller as well. Not to mention the games like Backstab which have pretty good graphics and seem like a full game to play on the go. I mean think about it, Microsoft has already gone out of their way with their Xbox Live being on the phone, why not take it one step further? All I'm asking for is a special version like the Nexus.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I dunno how good a guide the PS Vita will be. It might have a great screen and play fabulous games, but it has abysmal battery life and is more or less a phone without a phone. And it isn't cheap either. I think it might end up quite a niche product.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
They (Google and company) copy the Metro UI because they know that WP7.5 will be the next best thing. That's why they want to keep their fame and ratings. But Windows phone is coming up! On the iPhone there is even Windows Phone 7 theme! That's telling a lot.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the Vita will sell tons of units. The games they've showed look amazing. It also has something that phones don't have, actual buttons.
I dunno how good a guide the PS Vita will be. It might have a great screen and play fabulous games, but it has abysmal battery life and is more or less a phone without a phone. And it isn't cheap either. I think it might end up quite a niche product.
The video game industry is getting close to being a 68 billion dollar industry.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually think it borrows heavily on WebOS, since the guy who designed it also designed ICS. He likes elegance and simplicity and now he is working with Google. Android will continue to evolve and that's a good thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99