OFFICIAL Nokia World 2011 Thread.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the 800 except for no FFC. I feel like webOS all over again. Good enough phones for right now, but by the time they get released it's too late.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
watching keynote at the moment, i actually though Blanca Juti did an interesting job at presenting nokia's ideas... at least i like these types more than the dull ones ive seen in the other two conferences so far, still watching...

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
watching keynote at the moment, i actually though Blanca Juti did an interesting job at presenting nokia's ideas... at least i like these types more than the dull ones ive seen in the other two conferences so far, still watching...

Watch if you want... it ends badly....

well, blandly....

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is great! So what if the Nokia N800 is underspec'ed I assume Nokia and Microsofts objective is to move as many units as it can in Europe and other Areas where it isn't so Android and iPhone congested.

I checked the pricing with contract link: Nokia Lumia 800 Buy now - Nokia - UK

Basically carriers are giving this phone out for free and some of them will even give out a Xbox 360 damn great way to move units. Also the maximum price is 279 USD with a 1 year plan pretty damn good.

I haven't checked how much the 710's will cost but I assume its alot cheaper than the N800 I am still shocked they are giving phones out for free!

So what does this mean? The main problem with Windows phone isn't hardware or software its the lack of 3rd party support. Selling a powerful high-end hardware isn't the answer to increase marketshare to increase marketshare focus on the lower end and mid range phones and try moving as many as possible.

In regards to the US release I believe Nokia is planning a top-tier phone with FFC, NFC, LTE for the Tango release. Only in America where power really matters I am not sure about other countries.

Also in regards to FFC maybe it would of brought the price up or maybe Europeans aren't instreaded in video chat I am not sure but they for sure missed this oppourtunity but oh well it is what it is.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I think "Nokia N9" is a much cooler name than "Nokia Lumia 800"

not sure if that matters.. I want a keyboard, but if I didn't, that black N9/800 would work for me

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC...and Samsung you have nothing to fear from Nokia. they have not...NOT even come close to the Focus S or the Titian.big fail.... all this time all this AMAZING stuff for a used design, small screen's and if your in the states tough. Really the only thing that stood out was the dive maps other than that eh. yes the 800 is sharp looking and for the folks who like small screens perhaps it is the one to get but for us who have the focus or the HD7 nothing to see here folks. the new Focus S and the Titian blow this middle range stuff out of the water.

HchQue

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
oh man, i really like the lumia 800, screen is fine, only a few niggles. WHY DOESNT IT HAVE A FRONT FACING CAMERA??? it uses a pentile matrix too, but i'll have to see in person whther thats liveable... the only price i can find for the handset is ?442 in the UK, which is STUPID!!! i might aswell get an iphone 4s :(

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
oh man, i really like the lumia 800, screen is fine, only a few niggles. WHY DOESNT IT HAVE A FRONT FACING CAMERA??? it uses a pentile matrix too, but i'll have to see in person whther thats liveable... the only price i can find for the handset is ?442 in the UK, which is STUPID!!! i might aswell get an iphone 4s :(

Once it's out check Amazon, eBay and NewEgg, you'll find a better price.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Watch if you want... it ends badly....

well, blandly....

ehhhh.... i agree the ending wasn't stellar, o well... there is still tomorrow, the price for the 710 is pretty good though, i think MS and Nokia is trying to pull the price down for smart phones a little too early, flag ship first then the big suction cup that drive prices down seem like a better idea

but o well, i still like the 800 :p, now if it ever comes to Canada....=..=

HchQue

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Once it's out check Amazon, eBay and NewEgg, you'll find a better price.

we dont have newegg here in the UK :p

if anyones interested, the best deal i found for 12months was 36mth, 300min, unlt text, 500mb internet and ?150 for the phone, u can get ?45 cashback from topcashback.co.uk.

so about ?537 altogether, and it comes with ?50 worth of nokia accersories? which include bluetooth headphones, but i cant decipher any other goodies? from phones4u

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6