Would selling a Focus for $80 be basically giving it away?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I (like a retard) bought a used Focus for $150. I was really set on going to AT&T, but I guess the towers around here got fixed or something, and my Arrive's 3G is working fine now. So now I'm stuck with a Focus. Someone is offering $80, but losing $70 is a hard lesson.

I was wondering if I should be patient on Craigslist, or try eBay. I see they don't move for much on there used either, so that's why I'm about to give in for $80 =(

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
or ebay. I bought mine from a friend for $150.00 about 6 months ago was already of ATT was happy to get it for that price could probably sell it for at least that on ebay now.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Try or Craigslist, and I'm almost sure you'll get your $150 back.

I've had the post up for a couple of days now with two responders from Craigslist: 1. Asked for $100 and I said no (should have said yes) 2. They're wanting to get it for $80.

After seein eBay prices and getting no responses on Craigslist, I've become worried. You really think someone will pick it up?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They are when I just looked. You need to do a 5 day auction. Start at $80.00 [so you'll know you get atleast what your friend was asking], and it'll get up there. Maybe 150 is too much, but $80 is too low.
used ones aren't selling for that much on eBay....
If you have some good photos and the device isn't all scratched up, with original box and cables. They tend to sell for more.

But I would never sell it for 80. Keep it as a spare phone, JIC something happens to your main phone, if you can't get what you are asking for it.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
They are when I just looked. You need to do a 5 day auction. Start at $80.00 [so you'll know you get atleast what your friend was asking], and it'll get up there. Maybe 150 is too much, but $80 is too low.

can you throw up a link? i've searched, and the only ones I've found are buy-it-now auctions and not ones with a high number of bids....

I guess I'm going to try and take it down to 120 then or something....

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

If you have some good photos and the device isn't all scratched up, with original box and cables. They tend to sell for more.

But I would never sell it for 80. Keep it as a spare phone, JIC something happens to your main phone, if you can't get what you are asking for it.

Good idea.....guess I'll just take it as a loss for right now or wait until a deal comes up where someone is looking for an AT&T smartphone lol...

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You might want to unlock the phone. People don't like to be tied to a provider and prefer unlocked. It costs $3 to unlock it, might boost the price somewhat. You might also want to advertise that it has wifi hotspot support (it does, right?), many people dig that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes