Real disappointed with Nokia. Now to make a choice.

silentbob343

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Sabre and Sea Ray will not be available in the U.S. (well, Sabre will be, but that's by proxy since T-Mobile is owned by Deutsche Telekom, a European carrier). As Yoda said, "There is another" and many of you have already heard of it -- Ace. The intraweb specs are pretty accurate and there are engineering protos of Ace floating around in the U.S. right now.

Michael.

How about new WP7 phones for Verizon?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Nothing announced yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't coming. Most likely Q1 next year along with some Nokia devices in the States. So that may or may not mean something ;)

Well there were people from VZN at Nokia World thats probably not a coincidence!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll just say this. I've seen a picture of it. It's pretty damn thin (IIRC, around 7-8mm on a unibody chassis). Kinda looks like Sea Ray w/ bigger display.

Michael.

This is what I was hoping for. Truthfully I wouldn't mind a Lumia 800. I don't care for huge Screens, Front Facing Cameras, and other "frills". If the 800 (which honestly would be the PERFECT phone for me) isn't coming to the US I hope that the Ace has at least as good of build quality as the 800, because that is one of the most important things in a phone for me (and my number one complaint with my HD7, which has the crappiest build ever)

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the titan but my wife wants the lumia 800 in blue, she goy hooked on wp7 after i gave her my hd7 it more than meets her needs as an OS, she HATES the idea of a FFC so the Nokia would not be a problem on that respect, she really likes the looks and size of the Lumia 800 so that is what she is getting for Christmas this year!

L

lumic

Do you know how often I miss the little bitty keys on my focus? The screen is so damn small I have a bajillion typing errors. We need bigger screens, it's just too damn hard to hit links when they are 1mm tall so I have to pinch to zoom just so I can open a link. How the **** anyone can use an iphone is beyond me.
So that's you. While I never typed an essay on it, I used to get pretty insane accuracy with my 2.8" HTC Touch. Biggest downside IMO of capacitive - no precise input via fingernail.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I must admit even though I think the 800 is a little disappointing. on the specs.. the device is great looking. and the screen quality from what I'm seeing looks really good. too bad this didn't come in with a 4.0 or higher. none the less the device is rather nice looking. I have this feeling that we in the states are not going to see this device. After all the hoop-la over this event yes it failed. It failed to excite....I think HTC & Samsung have done more to excite with the Titian and the Focus S than Nokia has with all of there wp devices.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how often I miss the little bitty keys on my focus? The screen is so damn small I have a bajillion typing errors. We need bigger screens, it's just too damn hard to hit links when they are 1mm tall so I have to pinch to zoom just so I can open a link. How the **** anyone can use an iphone is beyond me.

Main reason I am getting a titan. I hate having to pinch zoom every time I open a web page on my iphone. What sucks is that I have to wait till the whole page loads before it will let me zoom. Even moving around the page does not work well till the entire page loads. I can try to move but that usually results in moving too far and having to again try to move back. As for typing, I am pretty good with the iPhone. Does seem that something changed with the detection for me though. I get a bunch of 'm' or 'n' inputs when trying to hit space bar and I get a lot of 'return' presses when trying to hit 'm' or 'l'. Not all the time, but frequent enough for me to investigate the reason.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest if someone laid all three in front of me and said pick one, Id take the 800, because of the looks and while the screen IS small it is a great screen and Im sure I will get used to the size. First thing I wanna know is if the Focus has a 32gb version, if it does thats my next phone, if only 16gb I will next check out the Titan in person, if its nice I will keep it in consideration, only other thing Is how much the 800 is online, if its more then $700 I'll have to pass, way to much for me. If its $600-$650 I can get it and maybe will, for now it all depends on the focus S and if it has 32gb as memory is important for me.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'll be honest if someone laid all three in front of me and said pick one, Id take the 800, because of the looks and while the screen IS small it is a great screen and Im sure I will get used to the size. First thing I wanna know is if the Focus has a 32gb version, if it does thats my next phone, if only 16gb I will next check out the Titan in person, if its nice I will keep it in consideration, only other thing Is how much the 800 is online, if its more then $700 I'll have to pass, way to much for me. If its $600-$650 I can get it and maybe will, for now it all depends on the focus S and if it has 32gb as memory is important for me.

There are rumors floating around about a 32GB Focus. Of course they are just rumors: Samsung Focus S to Sport 1GB of RAM, 32GB Storage?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
There are rumors floating around about a 32GB Focus. Of course they are just rumors: Samsung Focus S to Sport 1GB of RAM, 32GB Storage?

Sweet! As much as I like the 800 design and Titan chasis, 32gb is more important to me, and I currently have a GS2 and like it a lot so its a no brainier for me, if a Nokia with 32gb comes later I can get that as an upgrade! But at the end of the day I just want WP, regardless of hardware.

Me=Happy!

Now for that Release Date...

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool, now reports are saying the actual US Nokia portfolio will be released in the US Feb/March. Elop rushed Nokia to deliver out these sets for other Euro(UK mostly) markets, but are now saying they are not ready for the US markets. So when we do get the higher end Nokia handsets they will have FF cams, better rear cams, expandable memory(SDslots), maybe dual core(still not really needed on Mango devices), NFC(pushing MS to allow it sooner than Apollo update), LTE, CDMA, & will be on all 4 major carriers in the US market.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess it is then. I was looking at how beautiful the Nokia Lumia 800 is and just thinking to myself...that would all be lost on me because I would throw a case on it. That said, it appears the Lumia does come with its own color-matched case (saw it in an unboxing video) so perhaps they made it look good.

Another thing to remember is that N9/800 body is colored to the core, so there's not really paint layer. I have had my N9 now for 3 weeks and no marks anywhere.

Had invisible shield on the back of ip4, but other than that all of my phones have always been naked and i go go through couple of phones a year. :)

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool, now reports are saying the actual US Nokia portfolio will be released in the US Feb/March. Elop rushed Nokia to deliver out these sets for other Euro(UK mostly) markets, but are now saying they are not ready for the US markets. So when we do get the higher end Nokia handsets they will have FF cams, better rear cams, expandable memory(SDslots), maybe dual core(still not really needed on Mango devices), NFC(pushing MS to allow it sooner than Apollo update), LTE, CDMA, & will be on all 4 major carriers in the US market.

All those features?

I highly doubt that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss