Problem with lock

inster

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have Samsung Omnia 7 phone and when I press lock button, my phone doesn't lock, all time it shows wallpaper. Where is the problem?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I've never seen this happen before inster. Strange one, does pulling the battery out and rebooting make any difference ?

Welcome along to WPC. :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
WELCOME!! :)

well if it shows the wallpaper, its lock int it??? you mean it doesn’t go to standby?

still weird. might have a defective button.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have Samsung Omnia 7 phone and when I press lock button, my phone doesn't lock, all time it shows wallpaper. Where is the problem?

well if it shows the wallpaper, its lock int it??? you mean it doesn?t go to standby?

still weird. might have a defective button.

I would need some more info as well...the Wall Paper IS the lock screen...

Do you mean when your phone is locked that the screen never goes black/into standby? That would suck because your battery would never last you more than a couple hours with the screen constantly running. Is that your problem?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a restore? If the button brings up the lock screen but it just does not go black, you have a software problem.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Does it never go off? Or did it get set to 5 minutes in the lock-screen settings?

If still could be a button problem. I recently had my Focus replaced because the power button was wonky!

But, you can always try a soft reset. You will loose everything and have to reinstall all your apps, re-setup all your settings, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss