Free up memory?

jamesprichardson

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like a dumb question but how can I free up memory on a Mango device please? I am trying to install Navigon and the HTC Radar is telling me I do not ha e enough space. I dont have 8gb worth of apps and i have even removed all media and email accounts. As a newbie i am clearly missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 6.5GB however I have no idea what it all can be. I have even unlinked the Facebook account so photos are not taking up space. Im confused!

Well according to the WPC review it's not massively big and you have way more space than required....

Navigon Review.

http://www.windowscentral.com/navigon-review

The U.S. version requires 1.6GB of storage while the European version requires 2.3GB of storage. I have to agree with some of the early comments about NAVIGON in that it would have been nice to have the option to purchase or install certain maps to minimize storage space needs and possibly reduce costs.

I wonder if there's a little installation bug with certain handsets.

Have you contacted them yet jamesprichardson to see what they suggest ? (A bit early for that I guess)

Oh and welcome along to WPC :)

jamesprichardson

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I dont think it is a bug. Just the fact that I dont have the space. Why though is a mystery. What the **** is in my phone that takes up over 6GB?!!!!!!

jamesprichardson

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have already synced with Zune and reserved space is not the issue. The issue is what is taking up over 6gb of space. I have no media, no emails.
The mystery continues.

jamesprichardson

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
After removing a few more apps I now hvae only 800mb of available storage. What on earth is taking up the rest of the space.
Any ideas please?
The only account I have set up is Windows Live. I have no photos, video or music on the device.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I once had an issue where I had a low amount of available storage but had no idea what was using it. Is there a possibility a naughty app is taking up a lot of storage in your case? You could try uninstalling apps one at a time as uninstalling an app clears its isolated storage.

I ended up resetting my phone which obviously wiped everything and all my storage came back.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
When you sync the phone with Zune, on the Phone > Summary tab, does it not tell you what's taking up space in that bar at the bottom? For example, mine says: 2.00GB music | 286.26 MB videos | 29.24 MB pictures | 2.20 GB reserved space and other content.

If your last section is where all your storage is going, then I'd reset. Otherwise, well, obvious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss