Article: Nokia and Mango Will Come Up Short

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
No mention of Xbox live or ms office integration, among other omissions. I've read more credible skeptics.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

L

lumic

I sort of see the comparisons to the Mini, but then again I don't. AFAIK, the Mini is more uniformly shaped throughout the chassis. The 800 slims down on the top and bottom. The black display on the front is totally different, period. The back has the camera module and is actually rounded, not flat. Apart from the basic rounded edges, eh...

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
These things are all down to cults, apple have the cult of Jobs behind them, Google are seen as young and trendy and "free" whereas Microsoft are seen as the big nasty evil corporation from the 90's and will always incurr the wrath of the liberal media who fail to understand that Apple is also a big nasty corporation from the 90's and Google is a big and very nasty corporation from the noughties who will rifle through your email and sell your personal data to the highest bidder!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if anything MS is the best of the worst at this point. Apple is the worst of the worst and actually always has been. Its all about PR though. Apple is king of PR in this regard. They just got another "card" to play with Jobs' death also.

I also like how Nokia is "struggling". They had over 106 million units sold in last quarter. Apple had the lowest with a meager 17 million.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if anything MS is the best of the worst at this point. Apple is the worst of the worst and actually always has been. Its all about PR though. Apple is king of PR in this regard. They just got another "card" to play with Jobs' death also.

I also like how Nokia is "struggling". They had over 106 million units sold in last quarter. Apple had the lowest with a meager 17 million.

Nokia is losing money. Apple makes a profit of over $30 billion a year and is currently the worlds most valuable company. I agree, it is nauseating the way the media kisses Apple's a**.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Sometimes I wish people had the chance to watch the movie "Pirate of Silicon Valley" to get a real idea of how much of an A Hole Steve Jobs was. Now now let me make myself clear.

I own a iMac and would continue to buy Mac computers. Why? Not because it's a trend. But because when it comes down to recording my music, it beats out my Windows PC. I ran a test and windows just could not keep up even with better specs. But other than that I could care less for them. I honestly don't know why I see people holding an iPad like it's a platinum dish of social status on the subway. It's like "wow, a 500 dollar iPod touch."\

I do see Microsoft with it's strengths. The WP7 line blew me away. I had the misconception that WP7 was the same as Windows Mobile. I would say that most people probably have the same conception. I have had my phone for about 2 months or something and I am STILL in my honey moon phase. HOWEVER, microsoft does lack in some pretty large areas.

In terms of Desktops or laptops Mac OSX is still more stable than Windows. I am a PC tech and I see some of the weirdest things in windows. And in comparison, I kid you not when I say that I don't even know what an error message looks like or sounds like on my Mac.

There is no denying the products Apple makes are good at what they do. However, I think if people were educated as to how the corperation was/is run now then they may have a better appreciation or disrespect for certain things. Steve Jobs ran a tight ship and was down right nasty. A genius? Absolutely. Team building skills...ehhh not so much.

ANd look at the news now. Who is Apple going to sue next? It's almost sickening.

Watch the movie. you will understand

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is losing money. Apple makes a profit of over $30 billion a year and is currently the worlds most valuable company. I agree, it is nauseating the way the media kisses Apple's a**.

Except for the fact that Apple reported losses last quarter...

The reason Microsoft gets so much hate, is because Microsoft isn't hip or trendy. Despite controlling over 80% of the computers out there, Microsoft's stock is only $26 a share.

Whereas Apple has become embraced by the hipsters, and will soon probably have its own churches set up to praise Apple devices.

Sometimes I wish people had the chance to watch the movie "Pirate of Silicon Valley" to get a real idea of how much of an A Hole Steve Jobs was. Now now let me make myself clear.

I own a iMac and would continue to buy Mac computers. Why? Not because it's a trend. But because when it comes down to recording my music, it beats out my Windows PC. I ran a test and windows just could not keep up even with better specs. But other than that I could care less for them. I honestly don't know why I see people holding an iPad like it's a platinum dish of social status on the subway. It's like "wow, a 500 dollar iPod touch."\

I do see Microsoft with it's strengths. The WP7 line blew me away. I had the misconception that WP7 was the same as Windows Mobile. I would say that most people probably have the same conception. I have had my phone for about 2 months or something and I am STILL in my honey moon phase. HOWEVER, microsoft does lack in some pretty large areas.

In terms of Desktops or laptops Mac OSX is still more stable than Windows. I am a PC tech and I see some of the weirdest things in windows. And in comparison, I kid you not when I say that I don't even know what an error message looks like or sounds like on my Mac.

There is no denying the products Apple makes are good at what they do. However, I think if people were educated as to how the corperation was/is run now then they may have a better appreciation or disrespect for certain things. Steve Jobs ran a tight ship and was down right nasty. A genius? Absolutely. Team building skills...ehhh not so much.

ANd look at the news now. Who is Apple going to sue next? It's almost sickening.

Watch the movie. you will understand
I too have seen this movie and it shows how terrible Steve Jobs was as a person. But it won't change peoples minds. Even after all of these nasty quotes from Jobs' past, and his record of giving to charity (which is absolutely nothing, the man made billions and gave nothing back) came to light, nobody cared. The fanboys continued to oogle.

Although I find it a bit unfair to claim that Windows isn't as stable as OSX. Windows is plenty stable, it's the computers that people run it on that are not. The largest problem that I've noticed occur with Pc users is that they have a hardware failure. If you are running Windows on a quality PC, you will have no issues.

But yes, Mac has it's advantages. I work at a recording studio, and therefore OSX must be utilized in order to use ProTools, but other than that I see no real advantages to OSX.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Mac is one OS on a very very very limited set of hardware. How hard is it to design software to be stable when nothing changes. When it does change its because apple spent the R&D time to thoroughly test their setups. Microsoft makes software. The software is available to anyone who buys it. It can run on any setup you decide. My home built 5 year old PC has been updated a few times and runs win7 with absolutely 0 problems. When I buy a newer graphics card, it can be any card I want and will have 0 problems with my system. I can use any ram that my mobo supports with 0 problems. I can run any CPU that my mobo supports with 0 problems. I think windows is much more stable than OSX given that OSX only has a fraction of the hardware and software to work with than windows.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ah. I must have misinterpreted.

Either way, Apple isn't shipping or selling as many devices as Nokia, Samsung, or HTC.

The only reason I remember is because I laughed at news report that Apple's stock went down cause they ONLY made $6 billion. Our financial system is crazy sometimes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99