I probably shouldn't do this but...

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You realize you just invalidated your entire argument by ignoring that definition you just posted, yes? No money nor property has been cheated from ATT.

ATT can not sell that phone if you took it back like your original intent. Thus you deprived them of property and money. They have to send it back to HTC as a return and they do not get the money for that unit as a sale to a potential customer. Then when you exchange for the other phone they give you that one for free. So they lost 2 phones from inventory and only got half price for both. Then they are paying to send one back to HTC. They will refund them something for that phone I assume.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ATT can not sell that phone if you took it back like your original intent. Thus you deprived them of property and money. They have to send it back to HTC as a return and they do not get the money for that unit as a sale to a potential customer. Then when you exchange for the other phone they give you that one for free. So they lost 2 phones from inventory and only got half price for both. Then they are paying to send one back to HTC. They will refund them something for that phone I assume.

of course they can!!!! lol , even if they retake the phone out of policies , they can sell it FULL price without the contract data credit. ( on a 30day term )

the ONLY time they cant re-sale a phone and actually lose cash on it, is if they take back a phone that is DOA after the 30day DOA policies. (doa= dead on arrival ) and that is not the case in this situation. And if it was , that’s their problems. with in 30dayz HTC refunds (same thing goes for samsung , LG , apple , RIM ect.. )

Not to mention cell phone companies make NO cash on the actual Phone , they pay FULL price from HTC then sell it to you at a discount price… then make $$ off you from your monthly bill ( hence why you have contracts ) , it actually takes over 1 year for them to make $$ off of your new phone….

you are 100% allowed to take the phone back . Return it 1 week later and say you dint like it … if the rep is a ***** . wait till the store is DEAD so they cant complain they are losing potential sells…

. I worked in a store for 2 years .. and did this for clients ALL the time.. the client is 100% in his RIGHTS by LAW! To return a product.

takes 10min TOP .. more than that and you need more training with your system….

-Order system
-select buyers remorse + type in fictional MEID (witch cancels the order ) ( or put back old MEID which reverts the order )
- refund phone
- have a nice day sir.

And if it’s a SIM card phone . all they need to do is refund you and WHIPE the phone … 5min..

Matthew#AC

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I pretty much did the same thing. I plan on getting one of the Lumia phones when they come to the US but I couldn't stand the idea of being on Android any longer, so I bought an HD7 full unlocked price and will only be using it for a couple of months. It didn't matter, I was willing to throw the money away to have a pleasant smartphone experience.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
ATT can sell a used phone for full price? If you are confirming this practice please let me know. Pretty much a good enough reason for me to never purchase a phone at a retail store EVER again. My understanding when purchasing a new phone is that it is new and has NEVER been used by another person. I will be checking into their fine print now.

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

You don't know what "refurbished" phones are, do you?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
They should disclose that they are selling you a refurb if it is that. They sell refurbs on the ATT website sometimes it a good deal and sometimes well you wonder what the heck are they thinking?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The gist of it is that an HD7 is being INTENTIONALLY devalued, turning it into a refurb for no other reason than not wanting to wait 6 or 7 days. I can understand buyer's remorse and all that jazz if the buyer was seriously considering the phone in the first place, but the fact that the HD7 was simply used as a stopgap to the Focus S, well, that's not right.

Imagine if a person really really wanted an HD7 but the store ran out, giving the last one to the OP. Well, that HD7 buyer got inconvenienced because of the OP's shenanigans. Perhaps the HD7 will be found at another store, but it could have been prevented, no?

hubgoblin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The gist of it is that an HD7 is being INTENTIONALLY devalued, turning it into a refurb for no other reason than not wanting to wait 6 or 7 days. I can understand buyer's remorse and all that jazz if the buyer was seriously considering the phone in the first place, but the fact that the HD7 was simply used as a stopgap to the Focus S, well, that's not right.

Of course it's not being devalued. Refurb prices are barely different than regular prices. In fact, carriers love refurbs because it allows them to attract a SUBSCRIBER with a lower price - which means it's a device that they've used to lure TWO PEOPLE to their network.

Imagine if a person really really wanted an HD7 but the store ran out, giving the last one to the OP. Well, that HD7 buyer got inconvenienced because of the OP's shenanigans. Perhaps the HD7 will be found at another store, but it could have been prevented, no?

There is no scenario in which the person in question doesn't wind up with an HD7S if they want one. You guys are just grasping to prove something based on a feeling you have. No real reason or logic has been brought to bear.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you and the HD7 person walk into ATT at the same time and you take the HD7 with no intention of keeping it, the second person very much does not wind up with an HD7. How can you even debate that?

A refurb is not a new phone. Someone who wants a new phone does not get a refurb. You do not attract the new phone person with a refurb.

You are not putting up any evidence either, simply dismissing our logic by saying its insignificant. Show me proof to back up your side.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Great now come down of your high horsey and put your feet back on the terra firma of the real world. I know what you are syaing and on many levels I agree with you and others here. But he's done it and it is past and enough has been said on both sides of the isue and lets move on to something more productive that beating a dead horse who is already along the with the water passed under the bridge please!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Of course it's not being devalued. Refurb prices are barely different than regular prices. In fact, carriers love refurbs because it allows them to attract a SUBSCRIBER with a lower price - which means it's a device that they've used to lure TWO PEOPLE to their network.

There is no scenario in which the person in question doesn't wind up with an HD7S if they want one. You guys are just grasping to prove something based on a feeling you have. No real reason or logic has been brought to bear.
Something inside you made you write "I probably shouldn't do this, but..." I mean, it's the title of the freakin' thread, right? So, setting everything aside, why did you write "I probably shouldn't do this, but..."? In my experience, people say that because they feel something is wrong or frowned upon. What was it? Something inside you wasn't comfortable with getting an HD7 with no intention of keeping it. Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to post the question. What was it? Come on, be honest with your answer, now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss