Mail Syncing back to Server

M_D_Kaiser

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some trouble with my 2 mail accounts, one of them is GMail one is Hotmail:

-GMail: Using the standard setup with "as items arrive"; works great, but when I delete an item, it simply archives it (known problem nothing to do about it until MS fixes it; just wanted to mention it). My problem is that when I move mail from one folder to another on my phone, it doesn't sync it until I hit the sync button.

-Hotmail: Using the standard setup with "as items arrive"; here my problem is the same: It doesn't sync changes that I make on my WP7 until I manually hit the sync button on my phone.

Is this a known problem, or "feature" or is my phone messing up?

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure...but I believe this is a delayed action. It will eventually sync the folder move back, it doesn't happen instantly (This is most likely to keep the email application responsive) and happens later when the next background sync occurs.

Unless you need it to move folders right that instant, just leave it and see if its moved folders an hour or so later.

M_D_Kaiser

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm back! After over one hour, the changes have not been made on the server. The mail is still in my inbox.

After hitting sync it took about 3 seconds for the changes to be made. It seems like my WP7 just doesn't communicate back to the server without me hitting the sync button (mind that I get new messages within seconds of arrival; faster than my mail application on my computer).

This is done with my GMail account btw.

Can someone else check this real quick and confirm that it's not some bug on my device?

M_D_Kaiser

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok,
I've got a reply from the MS support forum now:
Apparently it's not a bug, but a feature (...). According to the moderator it's only necessary to push in one direction (new mail to phone), but not the other. I see things differently! If I make a change on my phone, I really want that to sync back up to the server; otherwise we can just go back to the POP days...

Hope this gets fixed soon, but doubt it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Go tothe WP voting site for features next update and see if others wannt it as well and vote for it if its not there then start your own want Maybe it will happen. It wont if you just vent here unless MS has someone monitoring this site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo