Want To Switch from Android to Windows Phones...Contract question

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I did post a question over at the Verizon Wireless site but I dont think those forums are very active so I thought Id try here.

Ive had an Android Incredible for over a year and a half now and Ive got the Unlimited data plan and currently in contract. Eligible for a discount in May 2012.

I want to get a Trophy off of Ebay and use it until my discount month where there will hopefully be newer, better Windows Phones for Verizon.

That being said, if I get this phone off of Ebay is it as simple as calling to get it activated and no longer using my Incredible? I wouldnt expect my contract to change as I already have the Unlimited plan.

Does anyone know if anything would change in my contract? Whether it be price, Unlimited data to something else, or even my discount eligibility date....would any of that change. I really wouldnt expect it to but this is a cell phone company we are talking about, who will do whatever they can to charge more or make something less beneficial for the customer.

Thanks for any replies.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Your best bet is to call Verizon and ask.

It shouldn't be a problem to activate the Trophy and deactivate the Incredible. I doubt they'll change anything on your contract, but like I said, you're best calling Verizon.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Contract just keeps you with verizon monthly plan and does not matter what phone you have on the account.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I dont like talking to customer service but I gave in and called to see what they said. They confirmed that really, nothing should change.

Thanks again. Now I need to find a reasonably priced Trophy!!!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's great that you called Verizon, but don't you hate it when a company utilizes the word "should" in their answers instead of something more definite?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99