Azerty keyboard with the dictionnary in a other language

christopher#WP

Oct 24, 2011
scug.be
Hi Guys,

I'm new to wp7 and here I've got a little problem with the keyboard.

I'm from Belgium, I'm speaking French and we are using Azerty Keyboard.
With th AZERTY Keyboard, I automatically have the dictionary in french, that's perfect.

Now, time to time, I've to write some emails in English, so I would like to have the English dictionary with the AZERTY keyboard, and also the possibility to switch between the dictionaries.

Currently, the only way I found for having the English dictionary is to switch to a QWERTY keyboard and come back to the AZERTY keyboard when I want to write an email in French.

Thank you

Regards
Christopher

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Bienvenue ? wpcentral mon ami!

I don't know of any way to do that except to switch keyboards. I am not sure developers have access to do that. I would suggest you ask one of the WP7 developers here, if one does not answer this post.

christopher#WP

Oct 24, 2011
scug.be
Merci beaucoup pour la bienvenue :)

Thank you for your reply, so this capability is not built-in wp7 :s too bad, It was in my Iphone :D No other choice than using the qwerty keyboard if I want to have the English dictionary.

I don't think that I'm alone in that case :s

Nicolas David

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
This is a pretty old post, but I came across looking for a solution to this problem. Since, I finally found out how do it, I thought I would post the solution.
It is actually built in Windows 8 (at least 8.1).
My Windows is in french, and the original question was for a french usage, so I'll name the french commands. Go to "Panneau de configuration" (Configuration Panel). Horloge, langue et region (clock, language and region). In "Langues" select "Modifier les m?thodes d'entree" (Language, Modify entry method). Select the language for which you want to change the keyboard layout, english in my case. Press option. In "Methodes d'entree" (Entry method), click "Ajouter une m?thode d'entree" (Add an entry method). Select your favorite keyboard. You can then delete the original keyboard that was associated to the language.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo