Turn on Battery saver permanently?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can set it to turn on when battery is low or turn it on until next charge, but no permanently.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

rickhan

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Battery Saver

Hmm, looks like an app is needed...
Should be simple to write one.
Tag will be "battery saver shortcut"
1st item will be simply create a tile to pin that you can turn on manually....
Turning it on permanently might be difficult or impossible, need to research.
Changing the battery life % might be possible, too.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want this turned on all the time? Wouldn't it severely curtail the device speed, accessibility, and user experience? As I understand it the battery saver is designed to shut out all unnecessary drains from the battery once the battery reaches a critical level. This may simply mean you can still use the device but battery power will be on demand and not used for background services. When battery saver initiates a tiny heart icon displays with the battery icon so you know to charge the phone soon.

I'd think that keeping battery saver on all the time would change your smartphone back in to a dumb phone.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No option to turn it on permanently. Only until the next time it is plugged into the charger, or when the battery percentage gets really low.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No option to turn it on permanently. Only until the next time it is plugged into the charger, or when the battery percentage gets really low.
Correct. And exactly as it should be. If you want it enabled all the time, put your phone in airplane mode, remove all the tiles that flip or update, and maybe hide your phone in a drawer under some socks. That should do it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720