Disappearing keyboard getting worse on my Focus

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this happening for anyone else? The last week and a half, the keyboard has a lag that's getting worse, and its disappearing a lot more without being able to get it back.

Mangos taste better than apples!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this happen once while trying to post a Facebook status since I've put Mango on my Focus a few weeks ago. However, I usually only use the keyboard in third-party apps, since I don't have a texting plan on my phone. I have used Facebook chat a few times on the phone, though, with no problems.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a few times in the past week or two which is as much if not more than how much it has happened since getting the phone.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
We know this is related to background tasks, right? Maybe if people having this issue would list the apps that they have installed that use background tasks it would help narrow down the issue.

You can find the list here:
Settings-> applications -> background tasks -> advanced

For what it's worth, I've never seen this issue on my phone. But I do have a lot of my background tasks disabled, not because of this issue but because I don't think they're necessary for a lot of the apps that I have.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
We know this is related to background tasks, right? Maybe if people having this issue would list the apps that they have installed that use background tasks it would help narrow down the issue.

You can find the list here:
Settings-> applications -> background tasks -> advanced

For what it's worth, I've never seen this issue on my phone. But I do have a lot of my background tasks disabled, not because of this issue but because I don't think they're necessary for a lot of the apps that I have.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
Ok, I'll start:

-Accuweather
-eHow
-USA TODAY
-VEVO
-Weather
-WPCentral

I haven't used USA Today in a long time so I'll probably uninstall it, even though I applaud them for such a great app. I installed eHow the other day but haven't used it. VEVO I never use, and will have to pick one between Weather and Accuweather. WPCentral will stay, LOL!

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me frequently enough to be annoying.

Accuweather - I've disabled (Using Now Weather)
Now
Calorie Tracker. - I've disabled (not needed)

I will report back if problem persist. I'm not so sure if it is a App that is using background task or if it is background task itself.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
One thing to note (just in case) is to make sure to go to Advanced. At the first Background Tasks screen I only had two items, but Advanced shows all.

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been getting worse also, here are my apps in the Advanced Background list currently.

20 in 1 Essential Apps
8tracks
easyRing
Free Ringtones
Now
Peregrine
USA TODAY

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing to note (just in case) is to make sure to go to Advanced. At the first Background Tasks screen I only had two items, but Advanced shows all.

Well in that case,

Free Music Downloader
HTC Hub
Poynt
Slacker Radio
SuperTube
WPCentral

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Most likely it isn't one specific app but as Jay and Daniel postulated on the podcast last week, when a background task runs it probably takes focus off the entry field. Since tasks run at different intervals from each other it can happen many times in a 30 minute window.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The kb usually disappears on me while I'm using IE to post on, say, Facebook or here. When that happens I'll tap on the URL bar and the kb will appear. Tap back and tap on the field i was working on and the kb comes back.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Battery Status *
Calendar Calculator
CleverToDo *
easyRing
Fox News
iHeart Radio
Mehdoh *
Network Dashboard *
Screen Capturer
USA Today *
Weather Channel *
Zemote
* can toggle on/off
Oh, and it happened once while typing this post

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's an app issue, I think its a bug in mango. The keyboard on my trophy didn't start disappearing until after the mango update. I have the same apps before and after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234