Multitasking?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to multitask in the "multitask" screen? I can't find any way to close out pages or save them. It seems to me its more like "snapshots" of the last few instances of what was done on the phone because the home screen often shows up here and pages or "cards" get replaced by recent actions. I often forget this "multitasking" feature is even here, because it's quicker (and basically the same thing) to just hit the back button. Thanks in advance if I'm just missing something because I would like to utilize this feature more.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to multitask in the "multitask" screen? I can't find any way to close out pages or save them. It seems to me its more like "snapshots" of the last few instances of what was done on the phone because the home screen often shows up here and pages or "cards" get replaced by recent actions. I often forget this "multitasking" feature is even here, because it's quicker (and basically the same thing) to just hit the back button. Thanks in advance if I'm just missing something because I would like to utilize this feature more.

You aren't missing anything and have accurately described "multi-tasking" in WP7.

The cards are a "freeze-dried" state or snapshot of the last app you had open. You can't manipulate them or close them or interface with them at all in card view, except to unfreeze them.

I'd love to see MS flesh out this more cause it does feel like it could use more controls.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
You aren't missing anything and have accurately described "multi-tasking" in WP7.

The cards are a "freeze-dried" state or snapshot of the last app you had open. You can't manipulate them or close them or interface with them at all in card view, except to unfreeze them.

I'd love to see MS flesh out this more cause it does feel like it could use more controls.

Thanks..wasnt sure about the usefulness of it. Although a new "feature" in mango, it definitely needs revision...kinda like an unfinished idea. I wonder if it can be tweaked in Chevron labs?
If so, I'd buy a token and wait in line..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium