how many member of your family or friends uses windows phone

bosamar

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
At the end of August my wife and I both dropped our iPhone 3GS. I got a WP and my wife went Android. She hates that phone and wants to go back to Apple. I'm trying to convince her to switch to a WP. I know she likes my WP better than her Android. I told her from the start it would be best if we both had a WP.

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought myself and then my girlfriend (who had an iPhone 3GS and wanted my phone after I got it) a Samsung Focus. Then I bought our Daugthers an HTC Surround (shes crazy about music) and LG Quantum (wanted a keyboard) off Craigs list. All of their friends now wants Windows Phone. I took a picture of our four family phones, each with unique covers and live tiles (see attachment).

I've also converted my Boss and co-worked to WP7 as well.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have successfully converted 5 individuals to windows phone. 1 was a friend, the rest family. still working on my wife, although she seems to be content with a dumb phone. Her having a smart phone would benifit me more than her.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my focus to a titan and it definitely turns heads. My wife had a crap berry but she liked my phone so much that she got a LG quantum. My daughter had a LG quantum but it got stolen.

My sister also has a LG quantum and she loves it. I did not even say anything about how good the windows phone was to influence her. She just liked it.

paoarchi15

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
After 3-4 weeks of trying to convince 3 of my friends who were interested in the WP os, they finally made the switch! :D so thats 3 in my network. And one of them are gonna try to sell more WP in his work (sprint).

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
0. But just convinced one friend to switch from a dumb phone to wp7; these people are easier to convert than well-established smartphone users (it seems). So in about a week if he follows through, it will be 1! :p

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have a win phone. One of the guys in my office asks to see my Titan almost on a daily basis. Finally I told him to get his friggin own Titan!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
0 friends and family have WP!

Shame on me... it's pretty hard to convert them.

Two of my good friends are both AT&T employees and they're hooked on their iPhone or LTE devices (Android). One told me as soon as WP got multitasking and a front facing cam with Tango, she'd make the jump... she lied :blush:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife loves her WP. She has a Focus.

My cousin has a Focus, but will be picking up the Nexus. Not because he doesn't like WP, but because he got really upset with AT&T about a billing dispute. So he stopped using AT&T for both home and wireless. And he doesn't like the non-AT&T options. So he plans to give WP a try again after his 2 yr plan is up. He's hoping that Verizon will have some nice options by then.

TexZenFool

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm a recent convert to WP7 so the only one in my family. Wife has a 2 months old BB Torch so locked in for a while. My daughter is up for an upgrade and begging for a new Android - I think her friends in school are all talking that up to her. I've been showing her how cool WP7 is on my new Focus S. She likes it but not enough.

I do think WP is going to really take off. I had hoped that for WebOS but never thought Palm or HP had the ability to make it happen. MSoft does.

LPMLJM

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
3 in this family. Mine, my wife, and son have Samsung Focus S. My daughter is still hung on Iphone. After 2 weeks of use I asked my son if he wanted to trade his Focus for an Iphone before the 30 day exchange expiration, his reply, "No way, I love my phone". :p

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have WP7. I tried converting my mom since her upgrade came due. She instead went with a Galaxy S II. I told her about the Android glitches and what not but it still wasn't enough to convince her. However, when it happens to her (which I'm sure it will), she might change her mind. I had her so close, but my sister who is actually there with her convinced her to go the Android route.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my wife and parents using it. I bought them all Titans on my family plan.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got one cousin using WP7, who was the one that initially introduced me to the platform, and then I've got a couple friends that have a Focus.

Allthisforwhat

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I was the last member of my family to get a smart phone ( old dinosaur mentality). The kids and wife had iPhones for 2 years before my old clunker died. So I went shopping and found that WPwas on sale and iPhones weren't. Easy. Now I love the thing. Kids still like their iPhones, no accounting for taste.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss