Speaker phone issue

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
OK so my first real problem came up this weekend.

While driving I made a phone call and put it on speaker. I hear the phone ring and as soon as the person I call picks up I hear nothing nor do they hear me. Do you guys/gals (because I am not gender bias) think that perhaps this is a phone or carrier issue?

I tried a simple soft reboot, then I tried shutting it down and pulling the battery and then I tried pulling the battery while the phone was still on. Nothing seemed to work.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Similar experiences?

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Negative. I just put it on speaker and placed it on my lap.

However, I do use my phone to listen to music. Do you think perhaps it still thinks that there are head phones plugged in?

Assuming the above statement is correct, why would I hear it ring over the speaker but then use a headset when the person picks up?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
There were some phones with issues of removing the headphones and it not switching from that mode. I thought they were all fixed in a Firmware update. What type of phone do you have and are you up-to-date?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have had this happen on Bluetooth but never on speaker phone. Wait till after the other person answers the phone then turn the speaker phone on and see if that helps

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I have had this happen on Bluetooth but never on speaker phone. Wait till after the other person answers the phone then turn the speaker phone on and see if that helps

I'll give that a shot. Maybe it'll put the phone back in it's place. I really don't want to do a factory reset in hopes it will fix it.

:/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6