Leaving Windows Phone :(. Moving on to Droid.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I know I haven't been as active as some people here, but I want to thank everyone here for being such amazing sports.

This is by far, and I mean by FAR, one of the more amazing forums I've been a part of. The majority of people here tend to be more level headed, enthusiastic, and supportive than in some places I have been a part of. And besides that, for Windows Phone news, this place couldn't be beat. I refreshed this almost every day to catch up on what was going on. WPCentral is a great site, and that is more than reflected in its members.

WP7 is a great OS, and maybe I'll return to it in the future if WP8 takes off. I think the platform has a lot of merit that simply hasn't been recognized by consumers yet. If Microsoft can kick this thing into high gear, I believe it'll only get better with time. Personally, though, I'm moving onto a droid (The HSPA+ version of the Motorola RAZR to be more specific). As much as I love the simple and fluid design of WP7, I can't stand its woefully neglected Live service and the archaic hardware it's running on. Nor can I stand the unfortunate lack of apps. There are so many apps I use on the family iPad on a daily basis, many of which Droid also offers but WP7 never seems to receive (like the RBC Banking app).

Hopefully I'll find myself here again in 2-3 years time, as I love MS and I hope to return if things improve. In the mean time though, thanks again for the great website and forums. I can only hope whichever Droid site becomes my favorite place to lurk is as great as this one was :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Droid RAZR is a fantastic device, I hope you enjoy it throughly and maybe we will meet together for Windows 8. Farewell.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I hope you enjoy your new device... You'll be back and it won't take a couple of years at least that's my prediction.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy! You can still come around. :)

Every once in a while I think I am going to go back to Android. Then I use my wife's phone for a few minutes and it fixes me right up.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I admit the newer phones with Android run more smoothly so I'm sure the RAZR will suit your needs. Sexy hardware

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
All the best, Dark Mirage. We'll all be hoping Apollo and Win 8 brings you back. If not, it only means that the droid is doing it's job; can't argue with that. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Every once in a while I think I am going to go back to Android. Then I use my wife's phone for a few minutes and it fixes me right up.

I kid you not... I did the exact same thing last night. After installing tethering on my HD7, I showed my girlfriend where the internet hotspot option was on her droid. I decided I would have a play around with it (as it's been a while), and after 30 minutes of perseverance, I happily gave it back.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Leaving Windows Phone :(. Moving on to Droid.

it should say

Leaving Windows Phone :(. Moving backwards to Droid.

hehe ;) , sad to see you go bro!! hopefully one day you`ll be back :) and im sure you will be cause all the negetive things you said are all coming to WP8 (probly ) including more apps..

I wish i had the RBC app as well :( but IE8 is just as good :p to do my online banking. hehe

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
HSPA+ version of the RAZR? I didn't think there was one. Are you talking about the Galaxy Nexus perhaps?

I have to admit, the Galaxy Nexus looks VERY tempting. Ice Cream Sandwich looks like a huge improvement over Gingerbread.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
HSPA+ version of the RAZR? I didn't think there was one. Are you talking about the Galaxy Nexus perhaps?

I have to admit, the Galaxy Nexus looks VERY tempting. Ice Cream Sandwich looks like a huge improvement over Gingerbread.

here at bell ( HSPA+ ) we are getting the Razr soon. ;) so its possible ;)

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Yup. First Android phone ever without the ridiculous 4 button lay out. Just for kicks going to have to give it a 30 day spin to see if Matias Duarte has fixed Android to the point of usability or whether it's all window dressing. Guess time will tell but its going to be interesting.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I know I haven't been as active as some people here, but I want to thank everyone here for being such amazing sports.

This is by far, and I mean by FAR, one of the more amazing forums I've been a part of. The majority of people here tend to be more level headed, enthusiastic, and supportive than in some places I have been a part of. And besides that, for Windows Phone news, this place couldn't be beat. I refreshed this almost every day to catch up on what was going on. WPCentral is a great site, and that is more than reflected in its members.

WP7 is a great OS, and maybe I'll return to it in the future if WP8 takes off. I think the platform has a lot of merit that simply hasn't been recognized by consumers yet. If Microsoft can kick this thing into high gear, I believe it'll only get better with time. Personally, though, I'm moving onto a droid (The HSPA+ version of the Motorola RAZR to be more specific). As much as I love the simple and fluid design of WP7, I can't stand its woefully neglected Live service and the archaic hardware it's running on. Nor can I stand the unfortunate lack of apps. There are so many apps I use on the family iPad on a daily basis, many of which Droid also offers but WP7 never seems to receive (like the RBC Banking app).

Hopefully I'll find myself here again in 2-3 years time, as I love MS and I hope to return if things improve. In the mean time though, thanks again for the great website and forums. I can only hope whichever Droid site becomes my favorite place to lurk is as great as this one was :)

Why did you waste time posting this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb