Can't turn WiFi on

M

mkr10001

I don't know if this is a lumia issue or wp7 or just my phone, nut if WiFi is off and you press WiFi from settings should the screen change? I'm pressing WiFi but the screen isn't changing. There aren't any WiFi networks around but I wouldn't have thought that would matter

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
You should enter into Wifi settings after pressing 'Wifi'. It'll should give you a 'on-off' switch for Wifi, as well as a list of available networks below.

M

mkr10001

Yeah I'm not getting that. If I restart my phone th option comes back. Also, should my phone be unable to turn back on for a few minutes after turning it off?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It's strange that it should lock you out of the settings. And, I'm not quite sure what you mean on the last part, but you should be able to turn your phone on and off with no pause in between.

Hope this helps.

M

mkr10001

If I turn the phone off I can't immediately turn it back on. I can keep pressing the button for up to 5 minutes then it will come on

M

mkr10001

It did that the day I got it but it doesn't do it anymore. When I get home I'll try it and see how long it takes to come back on

M

mkr10001

Just turned it off when it was plugged in and it came back on about 20-30 seconds later. Slower than when I first got it about 2 days ago, it came back on almost immediately

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Being honest, I'm over my head now. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help. If it's still locking down the Wifi settings, as well as taking a while to turn on, I'd send it back and get a replacement if it's not too late. I had issues with my first HD7 and decided to send it back for a replacement...

M

mkr10001

Wifi settings seem to be behaving now.

Also turned it off unplugged it and turned it on and it came on straight away....

Can I do a full backup, reset and restore with WP7 do you know?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Wifi settings seem to be behaving now.

Also turned it off unplugged it and turned it on and it came on straight away....

:)

Can I do a full backup, reset and restore with WP7 do you know?

IIRC, no... not quite. You'll loose all your contacts, texts, and any apps you downloaded directly to the phone. I consciously try and download apps from Zune so I can restore them if I need to. Of course, music, pictures, and videos won't be lost as Zune will re-sync once you're back up' n running.

EDIT: it's worth mentioning that only 'bought' apps are restored via Zune.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo