2nd phone same account?

moza1961

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey group, thought i'd ask this knowledgeable and experienced group a quick question. I am getting my wife a Windows phone during the upcoming black friday sales. She is by no means a power user and primarily wnats her work mail and some basic apps. I was thinking I would set the device up using my current account in order to take advantage of the apps I already have on her phone.
What are the implications of doing so?
Thanks in advance.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
None really. Good idea for a family as you can install apps on, I believe 4 devices at the same time. Your wife would sync all of the contacts in your Live account, but I think you could disable that later, which would remove those contacts.

One thought I had for a family, would be a Family Live account, where you could load common contacts and then use that ID to setup family phones, share apps, etc. Then each individual could load their personal account(s) on their phone. Probably too late for you, but not a bad idea.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...One thought I had for a family, would be a Family Live account, where you could load common contacts and then use that ID to setup family phones, share apps, etc. Then each individual could load their personal account(s) on their phone. Probably too late for you, but not a bad idea.

I like the idea, but shared apps? Can that work? I have two phone. One for work and one personal. I bought a couple of music videos off Zune. I tried to also put it on my Nokia N8 and got a flashing DRM protected message. It won't work.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I like the idea, but shared apps? Can that work? I have two phone. One for work and one personal. I bought a couple of music videos off Zune. I tried to also put it on my Nokia N8 and got a flashing DRM protected message. It won't work.

You can have up to 5 WP7 devices on the same account but none of the DRM content will work on any other smartphone.

Reactions: MickeyCeeCT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte