Windows Live Messenger

ombadboy

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, got another question for you guys that have been using WP7 longer than I have..

I have managed to connect my WP7 on WLM, and it works perfectly when using it only from the phone. However, when I send a message to a contact from my PC, it doesn't appear on my WP7, nor do any replies after that.

Any ideas?

Cheers

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i think its gona follow you depending where you are singed in.

Convos for MSN or WLM w/e u wana call it, actually save ON YOUR PC. so that’s why they don’t follow you on your phone. if your write on phone it saves to hpone pc , on pc ect...

now i think if you log in the Messenger on Xbox it takes over PC and Phone , if you log on PC it takes over Phone and Xbox . ect....

ombadboy

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Not really.. it's simultaneously connected to both. i.e When i received my WLM on my phone, I also received them on my phone and vice versa, until I started communicating using my PC..

i.e

Logged onto WLM and Phone, talking from Phone = shows on both PC and Phone
Logged onto WLM and Phone, talking from PC = anything after first message typed on PC doesn't show on Phone

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Not really.. it's simultaneously connected to both. i.e When i received my WLM on my phone, I also received them on my phone and vice versa, until I started communicating using my PC..

i.e

Logged onto WLM and Phone, talking from Phone = shows on both PC and Phone
Logged onto WLM and Phone, talking from PC = anything after first message typed on PC doesn't show on Phone

Maybe it needs some settings for the phone for working like that or not?

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a bump here, but have some questions about messenger on my Lumia.

I am confused as to whether it actually is messenger? (it isn't very well explained - if at all)

Under my contacts I have the separate list where I can show my chat status as online, busy etc. But is that actually windows live messenger I'm looking at?

If so, how do I get that pinned to my homescreen? Or do messages just pop up like text message notifications? I wish they had just listed it as messenger so it was clear exactly what it is.

Oh and messaged always use data and never wi-fi? If they use wi-fi do messages still get through, but delayed, when the phone is locked and wi-fi is off?

Only use messenger to keep in touch with my cousin in Oz and can't contact her at the moment to get her to send me a test message. Thanks.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It functions exactly the same as SMS provided that there's a connection. If it's used over WiFi only and it disconnects then no messages will be received until you reconnect. Using it over cellular data uses a very small immeasurable amount

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise