Saving Files

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it true that I can't use USB mode to transfer files to a WP7 device? Looks like I have to use Zune to move media, but how can I get documents on my phone? Do I really have to email them all to myself? Can I save them to the device once opened from email?

(I'm a webOS user looking for my next mobile OS, so excuse my growing pains. Everything on webOS seems so easy/convenient compared to this.)

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Can I save on my phone from Skydrive? (For offline use if needed?) Or does it only save back to Skydrive?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a timecard that's on an excel spreadsheet. I emailed it to myself, opened it and saved it to my phone.

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Whew. Good to hear. I have files I need to access every day that I didn't want to have to retrieve through email.

As far as Zune, does it restrict media files to DRM-only? (Or any other restriction?)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I’ve manage to get Songs/videos i got from TORRENTS. Years back , half my music library is over 10 years old

so if you already have Gsss of ``illegal music`` it’s still possible to put on your phone.

but we suggest getting a ZUNE pass for VERY CHEAP (10$) and getting unlimited downloads for 12months :)
that one was for you BIG D5

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have very little music, but what I do have is from a plethora of sources, some of which I'm sure aren't "legal" by RIAA definitions.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah you can still get them on your phone...

just creat a SHARE fille on your PC for zune (from zune settigns) , and load all your MEDIA in there, then hock up your phone and sync ... should work... worked for me :p

ZUNE:
Setting --> collection ---> add folder ( music , Pics and videos all have thier own section )

settings --> File types = allows you to chose what will sync.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss