I think you guys will get a kick out of this.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So my brother just got his iPhone 4S and was showing Siri to me. It's actually kind of cool, I won't lie. It's not something I am interested in but he likes it. I was showing off my new Radar and we were comparing features and there really isn't anything his iPhone can do that my WP7 can't except Siri and a few apps that are iOS exclusive. So anyways he told me that it will read back texts to him and told me to send him a text and he will have it read back. I obliged.

Once he got the text he said "Read back the last text I received." Then in a robotic female voice his iPhone said "Hello, I am you new iPhone. I can not do 4G. Oops, I think my battery is dying, you better plug me in!"

We both had a good laugh.

facetheduke

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
When I first started playing with the voice texting on my phone, my fiancee sent me "poop poop poopy fart fart." Just to make the phone read it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of the Siri problems are due to the huge amount of use killing the servers. My brother and Dad often get Siri saying that she can not complete the request at this time.

Siri may not open apps, but if you ask her a question she will open the app needed to complete the request.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That is pretty funny!

Voice recognition software has came a long ways. I see TV advertisements for Dragon Naturally Speaking for the PC.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
With iOS you have to ask Siri to read your texts back. With WP7 if connected to blue tooth its kind enough to ask you if you want it to. I'd say WP7 is a much better assistant!

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
With iOS you have to ask Siri to read your texts back. With WP7 if connected to blue tooth its kind enough to ask you if you want it to. I'd say WP7 is a much better assistant!

In your voice settings you can set your phone to do this all the time (not just with bluetooth) or when you have anything pluged into the headphone port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99