Mango multitasking ISSUE

StealthCrawler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This is something I haven't been able to understand at all. I hope someone can explain. The old Focus on Mango was able to run 15 apps in the background. However, all the new Mango phones i.e. Flash/S/HTC Titan can only run 9. I own the Focus S and it's extremely disappointing that a newer gen phone can do lesser apps. I checked out the flash and Titan in the store and they had the same problem as well.
I'm attaching a picture with the same error. Focus S on the left / Focus on the right.

I really hope somebody can explain what's the reason for this. It doesn't make any sense to me. Hopefully this is a software fix/update.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There was another thread about this posted the other day here. No one could really find an answer, nor was anyone sure it could be fixed with a software update.

Addendum: I see you posted in the other thread.

Last edited:

StealthCrawler

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There was another thread about this posted the other day here. No one could really find an answer, nor was anyone sure it could be fixed with a software update.

Addendum: I see you posted in the other thread.
Yes. I did post in another thread. I just wanna get some answers regarding this. Surprisingly, not many people are affected by this. Many applications' live tiles don't work if they're not enabled for backgrounding. And that's a problem for me coz I use a lot of live tiles. What with that being the sales pitch of the OS.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
What bugs me about multitasking.. If I use the back button to flip through previous apps, it closes the ones I skip past. If I hold down the back button and pick the app I want it doesn't do it.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720