Help with Outlook Calendar/Contact Sync!

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I know that this has been written about extensively, but I am having so much trouble making this work on my wife's new phone I'm hoping someone can give me step by step instructions. I have installed outlook connector and got my wife a new hotmail account, but I run into a roadblock when trying to copy calendar and contacts to the hotmail account.

I've now added and removed and re-added the hotmail account and think I've FUBAR'd the whole deal. For instance, Outlook now shows 3 calendars under the hotmail account (calendar 1, calenndar 2, etc. but not including birthdays, which I've deleted), although the calendar entries do appear to copy over to hotmail, but somehow never show up on her phone. Meanwhile, contacts won't copy at all and instead I get a "messanging interface has returned an error" message instead.

So, three hours later, I've gotten nowhere. My wife, however, has left the house with the kids because I screaming at my computer like a lunatic!

Please help!

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Try dragging and dropping the contacts from outlook into the connector. If that doesn't work try this, goto file then hit export list and save it as a .csv file then goto hotmail contacts hit import, and point it to that file u just saved. That should work.

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Try dragging and dropping the contacts from outlook into the connector. If that doesn't work try this, goto file then hit export list and save it as a .csv file then goto hotmail contacts hit import, and point it to that file u just saved. That should work.

Problem is that her calendar still isn't synced and if I just export a .csv file and import it to hotmail it won't be synced, will it? I'm trying to replicate the experience that I get on an Exchange server--and what I understand that every other platform gets. Why Microsoft chose to hobble their user's experience with this nonsense is beyond me. If I hadn't had a universally positive experience with WP7 up to this point, I'd tell her to just get a 4S. 5 hours so far and no progress...this is CRAZY!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans