Why are WP apps so expensive?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
In my experience the opposite is true. Most apps are cheaper than their iOS and Android counterparts. The only exceptions to the rule are XBox Live titles, for the aforementioned reason.

That's not true and the game prices matter a lot when you have to market to the younger crowd filled with ADD occupiers... Or parents getting a device for their kids not wanting to pay such a premium for apps on top of the hardware purchase.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
It is a little annoying that the LIVE Enabled titles are more then the same game on iOS and as stated the LIVE part is meant to bring it to a premium title since Microsoft should be testing out all the features of the game and such making sure it works on all phones and making sure there is no problems though we still get achievements not working and such :(

We also don't seem to get the free update support like the iOS Counter-Parts! I mean Fruit Ninja on WP7 is still behind and I imagine so is Angry Birds which is a real shame! Maybe Devs are just not seeing the profit they want and don't bother with updates.

In the end though the fact I can get achievements for my LIVE Profile does not make me regret buying the game on my WP7 over the iOS and since my iPod is a Touch 2G is starting to lack playing new games without problems and so far everything has been so smooth on my WP7 I can't complain!

Once we start to see LIVE Titles get Multiplayer which has been in the works for a long time I believe then I imagine the price tag will be more justified I mean most pay for Gold on 360 for the fact it works great over other services.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It is a little annoying that the LIVE Enabled titles are more then the same game on iOS and as stated the LIVE part is meant to bring it to a premium title since Microsoft should be testing out all the features of the game and such making sure it works on all phones and making sure there is no problems though we still get achievements not working and such :(

We also don't seem to get the free update support like the iOS Counter-Parts! I mean Fruit Ninja on WP7 is still behind and I imagine so is Angry Birds which is a real shame! Maybe Devs are just not seeing the profit they want and don't bother with updates.

I'll definitely give you the update thing. There are a TON of great apps that hit the store for NoDo and never got updated even once.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Can I just add that we are complaining about a few dollars here?

If I quit smoking it would be like me getting a free $5 app a day for the rest of my life. Come on people...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
How could you be so cruel duvi ?

?16.18 worth of free apps and a Titan.

Click to view quoted image
I have to be... it's not every day that I'm patient enough to wait for a deal on devices.

I'm usually the one buying them on release day... smh.

The $25 will probably be used for a GPS app that works well or something. Can you give me a few good apps (no games) I could use the $25 on? :p;):p

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If I remember correctly, MS is trying to let the devs decide on pricing instead of forcing them to stay at .99 cents. Its good for the consumer but very restricting on devs. Being flexible (in terms of pricing) is more important in a platform with smaller userbase, because it allows them to play around with pricing and ultimately profits. I have seen many apps (take IM+ for example) that start expensive ($10) and drastically cut their prices. We decide if an app is worth the price and devs usually respond appropriately. MS is trying to cater to devs first, users second. They believe if the devs build the users will come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss