"Me" and my contact information

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been unable to figure out a way to put my contact information into the "Me" contact. I ended up creating a new contact in People under my actual name into which I put my contact information. I had hoped I could then link this to the "Me" contact. But "Me" doesn't actually appear in the list of contacts. It only appears in People above my list of groups and contacts as my facebook pic.

Given how cleanly everything else in WP7's built-in apps works, I'm left wondering what I'm not getting here. Does it seem so odd to want my own contact information in People? Am I just not seeing a button or setting somewhere to do this? How are other's handling this?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yah hopefully they will add that in a later update, but for now its not too big of a deal to create a contact for yourself.

I did the same thing (long ago though.....have always had my own contact).

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i had this issue when I wanted to email myself something, seems odd

That's exactly the same thing that prompted me to want to add it. I tried to send myself an email a few days ago, started to type my name in the 'to' field and nothing came up. I was like, what? o_O I think it should be like it was in PalmOS. My contact info was just another contact, then you could mark the contact as being "Me". Which you could then beam to people by long-honding one of the hardward buttons (which always seemed sort of cool though I don't think I had ever used the feature).

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yah hopefully they will add that in a later update, but for now its not too big of a deal to create a contact for yourself.

I did the same thing (long ago though.....have always had my own contact).

Well, on other smartphone platforms, you have your own Profile in the system. Making your own contact is redundant and can potentially interfere with things especially if you have a common name. Nevermind it's just one more contact taking up space in the list.

Blackberries and Android Phones have "My Profile" where you enter all of your personal information. iCloud also has a contact that is dedicated to you. This allows the phone to do things like Automatically Enter in Information (your choice), and it prevents things like the phone trying to automatically add your own IM Handle (which can be input into your profile) to your buddy list. It also allows you to set your own Profile Picture which will be used by default when you send your contact card to someone (via Email, MMS, etc.).

Theoretically anyone who has your Windows Live Handle can see your contact information if they are friends with you on Windows Live (assuming your profile isn't public, in which case they can see it anytime). Maybe that is the method by which Microsoft would prefer us to share contact information (or via Social Networks like Facebook or Twitter, whose information is aggregated on the phone via integration)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077