Android (HTC Thunderbolt) V Windows Phone (HTC Titan) Boot Times

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ROLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA classic!!!!!!!

good thing they dint put it up againts a Blackberry ,, would have had the chance to restart 6 times instead of 4. LOL

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It's a bit rediculous is it not ? Dear me. :(

lol , yeah

i remember when i first got my Phone and did the first reset , i was WOWED by the speed it had restarted...

- turn off phone
- Take a Cip of my beer and a puff from my smoke
- looks at phone on Main screen , was like WTF why dint it reset
- did an other reset thinking it dint reset the first time ( rolf )
- looked at my phone do the rest
- *JAW DROPS*, HOLY CRAP ITS FAST!! hahaha

- reset it 4 more time while giggling hehe

but to be fair , slow or fast resets dont really matter , i mean how often do you reset your WP..... almost NEVER

i think i was exited from being uses to restarting my WM and Android phone 5 times a day.

thats what you get.

Wp = great programing/coding = fast

other OS coding is crap = SLOW loading

( iphoens are not as bad i think doh )

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's very true, you don't really boot up your phone a great deal, but i was surprised at how slow that was.

Android is the only OS I haven't owned.

(Due to the dislike of how it looks & problems my friends have had with it)

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
IMO, the Android and iOS tapatalk is easier to use vs Board Express on WP7.

Anyhow, the guy in the YT video listens to Lil Wayne, :p Not exactly my taste in music, but just funny what is gleanable off of the WP7 tiles.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the comparison has problems:

1) The Thunderbolt is booting up more stuff than the Titan. It has radios for LTE, CDMA, SVDO and EVDO. That is why it can do voice and data simultaneously on both 3G and LTE.

2) The Thunderbolt does not need rebooting often at all. I have one and I might reboot it once every couple of months at most, and that is usually a function more of me changing out the Micro SD card (I use several) than any need of the phone itself.

I like the idea of promoting Windows Phone but it needs to be done honestly and in proper context.

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the comparison has problems:

1) The Thunderbolt is booting up more stuff than the Titan. It has radios for LTE, CDMA, SVDO and EVDO. That is why it can do voice and data simultaneously on both 3G and LTE.

2) The Thunderbolt does not need rebooting often at all. I have one and I might reboot it once every couple of months at most, and that is usually a function more of me changing out the Micro SD card (I use several) than any need of the phone itself.

I like the idea of promoting Windows Phone but it needs to be done honestly and in proper context.

The Titan can do voice and data simultaneously as well. It might be more fair to compare an HTC Android on AT&T, though. But lets be realistic. Trying to justify slow boot times on four radios is a joke.

WP7 almost NEVER needs rebotting. But lets think of scenarios where it IS applicable, like people who fly or travel. If I had to wait that long to turn my phone on after a flight I'd go bonkers. ;)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The Titan can do voice and data simultaneously as well. It might be more fair to compare an HTC Android on AT&T, though. But lets be realistic. Trying to justify slow boot times on four radios is a joke.

WP7 almost NEVER needs rebotting. But lets think of scenarios where it IS applicable, like people who fly or travel. If I had to wait that long to turn my phone on after a flight I'd go bonkers. ;)

Who turns their phone off on a flight? They have Airplane mode for that.

Unless you're going on a 12 hour flight or something, Lol.

Android boot times are longer, noticeably so - obviously. There are technical reasons for it, but it really doesn't matter. They aren't Blackberry 5/6 boot times and most people rarely reboot their phones unless totally necessary, anyways.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
even if the phone was completely full of stuff to boot up, it doesn’t justify having the Wp restart 4 TIMES!! not once .. BUT 4 TIMES ... before it even loads once.

Id like to see a GS2 or a G Nexus Boot up VS Focus S , or any WP for that matter.

wait a MIN i could make a vid of that .... Focus VS GS2....... see if someone can lend me the phone at work. ROLF.

do a real test .. Duel-core VS single core boot up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo