*Living in Fear of the Dreaded Back Button - UI Design/Function Needs Vital Patch*

JohnMKeynes

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone using a Windows Phone 7 has come across this major hindrance with the OS. You're in the middle of an app such as writing an SMS, Email, Post in Forum, watching a video, and or fill in the countless apps, when you accidentally touch the back button. Poof! App is now closed(which is easy to do with capacitive buttons). You touch and hold the back button hoping it's still in multitask display, but no it's gone.

The back button should not close your app but just take you back to whatever screen you were on before. If anything once you get back to your home screen, the back button should once again loop around to initial app which was opened. Anyone feel like throwing their phone out the window when this happens?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah i dont have this this problem ,,

E-mail:
- If im writing a E-mail and hit the back button , it ask if i wana save first.
- if i hit home button and go to homescreen , i click back and my MSG is still there

Text:

- if im writing a txt , you have the hit the back button twice to leave the app ( one close keybored , 2 backs out ) so i know not to go OOPS and click it twice.. rolf.
- same thing with home button , when i go back , my txt is still there waiting for me to send..

same thing with apps, i guess some of us have less difficulty manipulating this feature. i actually like it.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure why you guys would have a problem with back button while typing.
Before it would close the app, it would remove the on-screen keyboard. This is universal, unless the app developer went out of there way to make their own keyboard (which is just silly).

So, if you are typing and hit the back button, the keyboard would just go away. If you are closing the app you are either hitting the back button twice, or your device is kinda wonky and registering two taps somehow.
Maybe clean the capacitive buttons? Or do you perhaps have one of those screen protectors that covers the entire front including the buttons? Maybe those are cuasing problems too.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Along these same lines, I wish app devs would incorporate some type of "home" button into their creations. If it's simply swiping left and right it's not a big deal, but there are times when I'm deep in an app, say a twitter app, and to get back to the home screen of the actual app, I have to hit the back button over and over and over.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Along these same lines, I wish app devs would incorporate some type of "home" button into their creations. If it's simply swiping left and right it's not a big deal, but there are times when I'm deep in an app, say a twitter app, and to get back to the home screen of the actual app, I have to hit the back button over and over and over.

its actually faster to just close the app and re-open it... LOL.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I know some games will pause and ask if you really want to exit when you press the back button. That's what I call attention to detail.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone using a Windows Phone 7 has come across this major hindrance with the OS. You're in the middle of an app such as writing an SMS, Email, Post in Forum, watching a video, and or fill in the countless apps, when you accidentally touch the back button. Poof! App is now closed(which is easy to do with capacitive buttons). You touch and hold the back button hoping it's still in multitask display, but no it's gone.

The back button should not close your app but just take you back to whatever screen you were on before. If anything once you get back to your home screen, the back button should once again loop around to initial app which was opened. Anyone feel like throwing their phone out the window when this happens?

That's why i have Optimus 7 :D

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Both me (Focus) and my sister (Trophy) have had similar problems. It isn't that we lose information, but just the fact that we'll be playing a game, texting, or browsing and it will pop over to Bing or back us out of the page or go to the home screen.

I don't think I've ever lost any of my input, but it is pretty frustrating...especially with those apps that STILL aren't mangoed (I'm talking to you, slow-loading Plants vs Zombies).

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is this for real? Whenever I have the keyboard up, and I'm typing something, if I accidentally tap the back button it just lowers the keyboard. I have to tap the back button a second time to back out of the screen. I don't think it's ever been that case that I've lost what I was typing because of the back button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)