Duel VS single boot test

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
FOCUS VS GS2 boot test Duel-core VS single core...

you ask whats the point? well you can see who has better Programing/Coding
cause duel-core should Completly leave single core in the dust , but it doesnt.

PS sorry for bad Video Quality , i was Using an Iphone 4s .. :( lol

to be fair the GS2 is a little faster but the GS2 in the vid has NOTHING in it compare to my FULLY loaded WP FOCUS.

verry similar.

Focus VS GS2 boot up - YouTube

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
you are just butthurt...

Thanks for showing your age...

I've never owned Android, btw.

This demonstrates Android vs WP, that is all. If you want dual core vs single core, try the same platform for a "fair" comparison. It does no good to compare a boot cycle if the OS itself takes longer to reboot than the other. Test a 1st Gen WP7 device with a 1Ghz CPU vs a 2nd Gen Mango 1.4-1.5Ghz CPU. The same with Android.

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Were you on a bus? :) Would hate to have seen that video with an iPhone 4 without stabilization.

Use the Thunderbolt comparison to show the difference between single core Android vs single core WP, and this one showing that android does indeed need dual core to have an OS at the same speed as WP. SC android is 4 times slower than SC WP, DC android is the same speed as SC WP. Amazing that the extra core speeds it up so much. Especially since the TB was OC to 1.5ghz.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Newer android OS builds have a fast boot option (at least HTC ones do).

It has some issues with somes applications (at least that what the option states), though in practice, I haven't seen any.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Were you on a bus? :) Would hate to have seen that video with an iPhone 4 without stabilization.

Use the Thunderbolt comparison to show the difference between single core Android vs single core WP, and this one showing that android does indeed need dual core to have an OS at the same speed as WP. SC android is 4 times slower than SC WP, DC android is the same speed as SC WP. Amazing that the extra core speeds it up so much. Especially since the TB was OC to 1.5ghz.

no LOL ... i was sitting at my desk at work. i have the bad shakes some times and i was filming with the Iphone 4 , dunno if i had the anty shake ON . lol

but to see a first GEN Wp to be on PAR with a Duel-core and probly the BEST android phone on the market ( aside from nexus comming next week )

it shows allot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa