What features would you like in WP

M

mkr10001

Personally I would quite like the picture password from windows 8 on windows phone.

That's all I can think of right now

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
- Full backup and restore
- Screen capture
- Notifications screen

EDIT: Changed the all caps to bold ;)

Last edited:

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Video editing
Full app back up in Zune (like in iTunes)
Tile resize
Turn by turn navigation something like Nokia drive

Just to mention a few..

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Not really a feature, I'm guessing, but how about having separate volumes for ring tones and music.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, not all of these are software things (or else they require hardward and software changes).

- WiFi Hot Spot
- WiFi calling
- Something resembling a filesystem
- USB Drive (Zune is OK, buy why be like Apple and force us to use it?)
- Notification screen to the left of Start screen.
- VPN built-in(don't want an app)
- NFC built-in(don't want an app)
- Able to change the TellMe Voice

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
- Full backup and restore
- Screen capture
- Notifications screen

EDIT: Changed the all caps to bold ;)

+

More cities in the HTC weather app. Typing in West brings up more world cities than cities in the USA starting with the same words. Or let me enter zip and find a closest match. Not sure why its so limited on the HTC hub when my iphone had any city on the map just about.

+

Would like to scrub videos by dragging the indicator on youtube and other sites. Only option we have is hitting the forward or backward seek buttons. Not sure how far they jump each time they are pressed.

M

mkr10001

+

More cities in the HTC weather app. Typing in West brings up more world cities than cities in the USA starting with the same words. Or let me enter zip and find a closest match. Not sure why its so limited on the HTC hub when my iphone had any city on the map just about.

+

Would like to scrub videos by dragging the indicator on youtube and other sites. Only option we have is hitting the forward or backward seek buttons. Not sure how far they jump each time they are pressed.

30 seconds I think. Fair enough for a 10 minute video. With a 3 minute music video or even a 40 second YT clip it's a bit useless

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Custom hubs.
Drop down notification screen.
Custom backgrounds and accent colors.
Being able to delete emails on server from the phone.
Haptic feedback on keyboard presses.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Custom hubs.

You just need to set this up in your online account info. Make sure its enabled so that other programs can modify the email server. Did it a while ago on hotmail for my iphone but forgot where it was. I think it was a link at the bottom of the account details page.

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Custom hubs.

None of these will ever happen. The entire concept of windows phone and the metro UI is to keep things simple. Notifications will allways just be done with live tiles, a set number of accent colors will always be given, and well , maybe hubs...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
i just want updates for 1st gen devices :)

well today its was announced that the ATT DVP was getting the mango update ansd rev 1.4 focus is getting/should have gotten it so the only thing missing at least in NA is the 7740 update for many of the phones and the rumored carrier formware updates with visual voice mail and internet tethering! Not sure what 1st gen phones have not received mango in ROW.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My phone is dev unlocked so I already have custom accent colours, I would love custom icon colours as well.

I think with custom tile and icon colours you could make.your phone look pretty awesome

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
You just need to set this up in your online account info. Make sure its enabled so that other programs can modify the email server. Did it a while ago on hotmail for my iphone but forgot where it was. I think it was a link at the bottom of the account details page.

You mean I need to modify the settings on my Gmail, Hotmail, etc. to allow my phone to delete emails?

How was it that my Android phone could do it with the K-9 email app and no additional modifications? Not that I mind making any necessary changes to the settings on my email accounts; I'm just saying that I haven't had to do that before to gain that functionality.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I went through all the settings in my email accounts on my phone. I have yet to find an option whether or not to delete on the server.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)