Anyone else here use Last.fm? I am confused by their live tiles.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
On my phone, I have pinned radio stations, and the pins show a picture of the artist right on the live tile. Very nice, a great way to customise your phone.

On my DAUGHTER's phone, the pinned radio stations just say "last.fm" and do NOT show a picture of the artist.

It seems weird to me that Last.fm would push artist photos for Insane Clown Posse and Twizted but not for Taylor Swift or Alan Jackson, who are much more mainstream. Maybe I am doing something wrong (besides listening to ICP, hah hah).

Anyone know how to make it show the artist's picture?

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. . . Idk. Maybe a reinstall will help it out. Is it the same phone or is it different?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
On my phone, I have pinned radio stations, and the pins show a picture of the artist right on the live tile. Very nice, a great way to customise your phone.

On my DAUGHTER's phone, the pinned radio stations just say "last.fm" and do NOT show a picture of the artist.

It seems weird to me that Last.fm would push artist photos for Insane Clown Posse and Twizted but not for Taylor Swift or Alan Jackson, who are much more mainstream. Maybe I am doing something wrong (besides listening to ICP, hah hah).

Anyone know how to make it show the artist's picture?

Well maybe Last.fm don't have pics for that artists. Try unpin and pin again. That should fix it. If that is not the solution, then try reinstall.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Last FM all the time and never had any image on my live tile. Says Last FM, spins tround and displays 'The Wee Bears Libray Radio', that's it.

Same with Recomended stations, or any other for that matter.

Re-pinning doesn't make it any different for me.

Not really bothered, but would like to know why the difference too jalb. :D

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I use Last FM all the time and never had any image on my live tile. Says Last FM, spins tround and displays 'The Wee Bears Libray Radio', that's it.

Same with Recomended stations, or any other for that matter.

Re-pinning doesn't make it any different for me.

Not really bothered, but would like to know why the difference too jalb. :D

Re-pinning is making difference for me on the Music+Video tile. If it's blank lets say if i have new update or i have restarted my phone, the tile is blank and after playing some music it's still blank until i re-pinned it. Don't know is this is bug on my phone or everyone else got this...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No difference, still only Last FM, spin, The Wee Bears Library Radio, no artist piccy. :(
(I know there is album art available for some of the tracks that played)

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I get pictures.of the artist I have pinned. What version of the app are you using? I'm using version 3.1

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Against every one in my body except the curiosity bone, I created a Taylor swift and Alan Jackson station and pinned them. No album art. I think this is a case of their not being art dedicate for these people. If you notice while in last.fm the artist picture is typicly the background of the app. This isn't the case for Taylor swift.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
@winterfang - even on Xbox you still had to put in a last.fm account and tie it in to your Xbox account.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It just seems so weird that they would have pics for such unpopular bands but nothing for top-selling acts like Taylor Swift.... Oh well. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I get pictures.of the artist I have pinned. What version of the app are you using? I'm using version 3.1

Yes same version Vector555, it won't matter as i use it when out and about, so locked under the lock screen you don't see the tile anyway.

Just curious why i have never managed to get a single artist on the tile. :)

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to wonder if artist have special accounts that allow them to upload their photo. Not sure. I've only.used last.fm on my phone and on the Xbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre