Multiple Phones- Same live account - different Facebook

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so it has been stated that you can have multiple phones share a live account so that each phone can have access to the same apps without having to purchase them multiple times.

So I bought my Focus S, upgraded from the Focus. Love both phones. Anyways, I'm handing my Focus over to my wife. I've done a full reset and want to set it up so she has access to the apps I have purchased. This I have done successfully. Now I want to set her facebook account up and use it with messaging. Does anyone know if this can be done so that both phones are being used for Facebook messaging? It seems to me that Facebook has to tie into the live account and in so doing breaks it on the other phone.

So, has anyone be able to do this successfully?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so it has been stated that you can have multiple phones share a live account so that each phone can have access to the same apps without having to purchase them multiple times.

So I bought my Focus S, upgraded from the Focus. Love both phones. Anyways, I'm handing my Focus over to my wife. I've done a full reset and want to set it up so she has access to the apps I have purchased. This I have done successfully. Now I want to set her facebook account up and use it with messaging. Does anyone know if this can be done so that both phones are being used for Facebook messaging? It seems to me that Facebook has to tie into the live account and in so doing breaks it on the other phone.

So, has anyone be able to do this successfully?

You are correct. You can only tie in one FB account with your Live account. I tried it before with my wife's phone.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This is a cripling situation then. Really makes it pointless to share the live account with my wife.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Does that happen when you use the separate Facebook application, not the one built into WP7? I thought I had to signin to the separate Facebook application.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This is the same issue for Twitter. If you have Tiwtter or Facebook connected via the Me tile/Live account then it will be there on any phones which share the same Live account. I realized this when my wife asked me if those were my tweets. Fortunately they were not anything bad (no mention of the girlfriend). If you want full separation you will need to give up Me tile integration and use the apps on the phones. I have been using the Carbon beta for Twitter. I highly recommend the official when it comes out.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
That's why people usually make a secondary live account. The primary account shouldn't have any social networks attached to it, only the zune pass and apps that you download with it. Then you make a secondary account for each person which has all their contacts, facebook integration, email and so forth... So in your case, just remove facebook integration from the primary live account, by going to live.com and just add it to your secondary account. But twitter is a different beast, it seems its only integrated with the primary account and has to be done within the phone, which only makes the primary account available. Any way to fix this?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So gerrymad is married and tweets about his girlfriend. And you really think the live/social integration is your biggest concern or the only way she will find out?

You can cheat all you want, I am not making a MORAL judgement on you.
But there sure are a lot of stupid questions on here in general about how to do it better....

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My question was legitimate. Anyway, trying to setup a secondary live account.
Dkdogz do both phones need two separate accounts? Trying to set this up. I'm not concerned about the twitter integration. Can face that problem later when my wife decides twitter is worth it.

Sent from something somewhere!

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If you want different facebook accounts for each phone then you do. If you already bought apps with the original account, then make that one the primary so you can share those apps amongst both phones. Then create 2 new live accounts for you and the other person, and integrate facebook on those two accounts at live.com

I'm pretty sure there is another way to do this, but this is how I did it with my gf and its doing okay so far. Only problem being the twitter and skydrive integration which requires to be attached to the main live account: Now I have my family (immediate family) vacation photos on my gf's phone, and we also share the same camera roll which she doesnt mind for now at least.

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
But that won't work with integrated FB messaging right? Messaging is tied in with the original account. I think that is what the OP wanted.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I was wanting to be able to separate the integrated messaging/facebook chat. My wife uses this all the time now.and I don't want to bother with it.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This is a cripling situation then. Really makes it pointless to share the live account with my wife.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

That's the point. They don't WANT you to share live accounts.

The purpose of having the same live account on different phones is... lets say you get a Titan at ATT and then decide you don't like it so you return it within your 14 days and you go to Sprint to get an Arrive. Then say your Arrive is broken and you have to get a new one. Now you are up to three phones.

The point of having multiple phones on the same account is for this reason. Not to share apps.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So gerrymad is married and tweets about his girlfriend. And you really think the live/social integration is your biggest concern or the only way she will find out?

You can cheat all you want, I am not making a MORAL judgement on you.
But there sure are a lot of stupid questions on here in general about how to do it better....

Geeze. Give me a break. I was not serious about the girlfriend comment. If I were I certainly would not post about it on twitter or an open forum like this. I would only publicize that information on a more appropriate venue such as The Jerry Springer Show.

The rest of my post was accurate in that twitter does integrate directly to the primary ID. Sorry for the confustion.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
@Talizorah - I understand your point. But why not limit to two or have a limit at all? Seems they could accomplish this in other more absolute ways. I've come to the conclusion that there is no sure fire way to accomplish my end task.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte