Quiet hours for emails

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Does WP7 follow any sort of rules for quiet hours (say 10pm-8am) for emails?

I looked as far as I can tell the options are either:

1) Manually change email sync for each account to manual

2) Put it in battery saver mode

The problem with the second is obvious that many users will plug the phone in overnight and that disables battery saver mode.

Thanks in advance.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You can put it into flight mode as well. But the ability to do this automagically would be nice. Any apps around that can do this?

The problem with flight mode of course is that you can't receive phone calls and texts - and if someone phones me at 2am, it's generally pretty important rather than something random, so the option for quiet hours would be great.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I either set my main work email to check hourly or manually. Since the UI is so fast making the change takes seconds.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I either set my main work email to check hourly or manually. Since the UI is so fast making the change takes seconds.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

but I've got four email accounts, changing them all manually *every day* is not something the user should have to do simply because needing that user intervention means that the user will forget - it's not like I'm asking for the moon on a stick, it's functionality that's been around for a while.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I would love more receiving options as well. I want one of my emails to sync one a day.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How about turning on the battery saver?
It shuts down send and receive, and it has a "turn on till next charge" that you could use as the toggle. Turn it on at night and off in the morning.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
How about turning on the battery saver?
It shuts down send and receive, and it has a "turn on till next charge" that you could use as the toggle. Turn it on at night and off in the morning.

Only problem is that, when you are asleep is a great time to charge the phone before you head out in the morning - and that turns battery saver off.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it would be a decent option. However, if you just left it on vibrate would it not work. I mean, your whole point was to be able to still get a call (such as an emergency), but if it is vibrating on the correct surface it will still make a ton of noise. This of course all depends on what type of sleeper you are, but it works for me.

Con Flickt

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
2 and a half years later.... still no fix. So my choices are. leave notifications on and get woken up 20 times a night:angry:, turn them off and miss out on jobs because other people got in first :unhappysweat: (freelancer cameraman) or go back to ANDRIOD :eek:rly:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro