So when I download an email attachment where does it go?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it stay on my phone until I delete the email for example a PDF?

Also, I was browsing some stuff online and accidentally downloaded a zip file. The browser then listed all the files in the zip file. Did I actually download it to my phone? If so, where is it and how do I get rid of it? I know there is no file explorer or anything for WP7 and you cant browse the files when connected to a computer.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It is my understanding in the example you gave the device downloads the file gives you the content from a temporary folder then the folder is deleted when you are finished with it someone correct me if I am wrong.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It is my understanding in the example you gave the device downloads the file gives you the content from a temporary folder then the folder is deleted when you are finished with it someone correct me if I am wrong.

Well, so far every time I go to look at the attachment it doesn't have to re-download it so I don't think that's the case right now. Maybe if I don't open the attachment for a certain amount of time?

I have restarted my phone and it's still there.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, so far every time I go to look at the attachment it doesn't have to re-download it so I don't think that's the case right now. Maybe if I don't open the attachment for a certain amount of time?

I have restarted my phone and it's still there.

For now, you just can't delete temp folder and the content in it... I know, it's stupid thing. Hope MS will fix this :)

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well if you have Adobe installed and it is a PDF, it will be there, doc files are in office, pics are going to be there in pictures. Depending on attachment type.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You know you can't access your temp folder but you can use Zune to limit the amount of space it occupies. I did it once but I can't remember the process. I can check later when I am near my PC. Or maybe someone else knows how and can share.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You know you can't access your temp folder but you can use Zune to limit the amount of space it occupies. I did it once but I can't remember the process. I can check later when I am near my PC. Or maybe someone else knows how and can share.

Yeah I remember / know how to do that. You go to settings, then phone, then reserved space.

So THAT is the maximum amount of space the phone will reserve for files? Interesting. So what about this zip file I apparently downloaded through the web browser? Same deal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss