Email Attachments - Download Incomplete

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
One of the only bugs I've found in WP is that I'm having trouble downloading attachments from email, both in Gmail (via EAS) and a true Exchange server. I'll frequently get the "Download Incomplete" message. Restarting my phone fixes this every time, but only for a short while. Does anyone have an idea what might be trigger this issue to come up time after time? I can't keep restarting my phone 5 times/day. (I had enough of that on webOS.)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
weird never had that problem

the only time it tells me FAILED DL is when

- the file is to big
- Low battery
- Low reception

but resetting the phone would not solve that and it did for you .. soo ... WEIRD! :p

it might be a problem with your carrier`s data connection???

does it FAIL on 3G and on WIFI?

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine comes randomly. Small files, usually. One weird thing I noticed. If I have an email with 3 offs, and I attempt to download one of them and get the error, if I restart my phone and go back into that email, the one I had attempted to download will show the PDF icon, while the other two still show the paper clip. All three will download, however. Wish I could figure this out.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
An update to my issue:

Today, I discovered that if I had any instances of the email app tombstoned, I could close those, then restart the email app from the home screen tile, and the attachments would download. No reboot required. Seems to be something to do with tombstoned email app.

leonbelize

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yah, there must be a bug in there somewhere. sometimes it takes a long time to download a small attachment. I've also notice that sometimes if i click download rest of message, that i have to leave that email and go back in to see the full message after the download.

tdboss

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it is the tombstoned email app. I rebooted my Lumina 900 and now the attachments download from our Exchange 2010 Server.

I am going to try some different things to see if I can get it narrowed down.

Not good for a WP hone to not work good with a Microsoft Server

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the attachments are not pushed to the phone until you do a manual sync. If a download fails, go back to your inbox and hit the sync button. Once the sync completes, go back into the message and you can view your attachment.

Scott Siemsen

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue it has nothing to do with the carrier
it's another bug that doesn't affect enough users for Microsoft to care about , I went through a year of the phone turning off by itself I'm counting the days to
my upgrade
going back to Android and never looking back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion