Cant send messages from Xbox live hub

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
While MS is fawning over the iphone and apple I now find I cant send any messages from my Xbox live hub. Getting the message "Action not allowed. You'll need to change your Xbox live privacy settings to send this message". Only I havent made any changes to the bloody thing! Anyone else seeing this? Thanks. (I would ask MS but they would probably tell me to buy an iphone :shocked: )

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Nothing changed here for me theefman, been sending and receiving XBox live messages as usual over the last half hour, no problems like you mentioned.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think that the problem is with the new EULA that MS is pushing now. On your account go Edit and Accept Terms of Use. That should fix the job ;)

Already did that through the Zune software in the AM. Moved to another device and signed in, no problem sending messages on this one. Plus I made sure to go to Xbox.com, Zune.net, my console and Zune software and checked my preferences, all set correctly but this one phone just wont send messages. Also made sure to connect my phone to my PC to make sure the changes were synced, no change. A colleague actually told me he couldnt send me a message 'cos he was blocked.

Where exactly are you seeing this Edit option, dont see it anywhere on any of my systems.

sychosis

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Already did that through the Zune software in the AM. Moved to another device and signed in, no problem sending messages on this one. Plus I made sure to go to Xbox.com, Zune.net, my console and Zune software and checked my preferences, all set correctly but this one phone just wont send messages. Also made sure to connect my phone to my PC to make sure the changes were synced, no change. A colleague actually told me he couldnt send me a message 'cos he was blocked.

Where exactly are you seeing this Edit option, dont see it anywhere on any of my systems.

I've managed to get it working now, still couldn't do it through my xbox or phone, so t'internet it was.

1. Sign in to Xbox.com
2. Click My Profile
3. Privacy and Online Settings.

From here you can change all communication, who can see your profile, game history, friends list.

Mine was set to custom with a few options blocked, so I just changed it back to adult.

Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb