New user, some questions.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I found this forum.
Long time BB user, was about to convert to Galaxy Nexus and Droid when a couple of buddies of mine turned me on to WP. I was hesitant to say the least as I remember Windows Mobile (shudder).

Now however, there's ALOT of compelling arguments for WP. I'm especially curious about the desktop OS integrations with Win8 and such.

I do have a few questions though. I've done some searching and it looks like tethering isn't available on the Trophy on VZW? Looks like that is "coming" but no ETA as of yet?

I use Google mail for just about everything. My work is Gmail, my personal accounts are Gmail. I've seen how the HTC Radar shows Gcal, but has anyone noticed any "lacking" features between Droids natively connecting to Google vs a WP device using Google Sync? I have MANY accounts and calendars that I need to check.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a special way to enable multiple/secondary calendars using google with ExchangeActiveSync. You should be able to search and find it. The only other issue I've seen is that deleted emails get archived, not deleted. Also, there is no native Gtalk integration.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral as well as the Windows Phone family. I'm not family with Verizon and their plans in regards to WP, so I won't comment on that.

mike311

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a special way to enable multiple/secondary calendars using google with ExchangeActiveSync.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

you dont even need to go that far, by default Google blocks WP7 phones from using multiple calendars, but there is a way to trick googles servers into allowing it, what you need to do is log into Google calendars settings and enable multiple calendars by using a web browser such as safari on a pc and enabling them, once you do that they will show up on your phone. its not hard and its dumb we need to have the workaround, but it works and its not buggy.

how-to link here:

Mango Tip: Sync Multiple Google Calendars with Windows Phone

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
you dont even need to go that far, by default Google blocks WP7 phones from using multiple calendars, but there is a way to trick googles servers into allowing it, what you need to do is log into Google calendars settings and enable multiple calendars by using a web browser such as safari on a pc and enabling them, once you do that they will show up on your phone. its not hard and its dumb we need to have the workaround, but it works and its not buggy.

how-to link here:

Mango Tip: Sync Multiple Google Calendars with Windows Phone

Does this work for everyone? My second calendar isn't showing up despite going through the steps above (I have my personal primary calendar and then one that I share with family). Google does appear to have saved the fact that I checked more than one calendar.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have about 5 diff accounts connected from Gmail to Hotmail. I have subcalendars on all of them. Using this method, I was able to pick and choose any calendar and subcalendar I want and have it sync successfully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786