Zune does not recognize Samsung Focus

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I ran into this problem recently and no matter what I have tried my PC won't recognize it, any clue why I've tried different usb plug, cables, restarted my computer, etc.

It happened to my friend as well with the same phone (Focus) is it a common issue?

redea30591

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, my girlfriend's phone did the same thing. The drivers got messed up and I can't find how to reload them.... try installing on another computer if you can....

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, my girlfriend's phone did the same thing. The drivers got messed up and I can't find how to reload them.... try installing on another computer if you can....

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express
that was the first time (my friend's) that she was trying to sync with Zune. on my side I have two computers(at least) at home and it does not work on both. I might try to boot in Windows 8 and see what happens

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You could use device manager on your PC to remove the device reboot the PC and plug the device back in it should reload the drivers. If that doesn't work remove and reinstall Zune as described above.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the thing is that maybe the drivers are broken and reinstalling will fix that. After that you should reinstall Zune or update it if you have older version. If you are on Mac, there is knowsn issue about the cable and you should check for update on Zune. Good luck :D

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Mac, there is knowsn issue about the cable and you should check for update on Zune. Good luck :D

1) He states it is PC
2) He states he has tried multiple cables

Most importantly...
3) How do you tell Zune to update your phone to fix a problem when Zune doesn't realize you have a phone?

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Zune recognizes and syncs my 36.9GB-install Samsung Focus every day on my desktop, and any time I connect to 2 notebooks. No problems since I got the phone in August. Not much detail is provided by the OP, but I agree with the suggestion to re-install Zune: nothing is lost except your Zune settings. Good luck getting beyond this, and you will.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Might be unrelated, but recently my Focus wouldn't respond to connection with the cable. It wouldn't recharge; it wouldn't make the "sound" on connection. Tried a number of things: uninstalling some software, reboot, etc. Finally, I had to do a hard reset. This is the first time I've had this problem in almost a year...
El Mono

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3