Lumia 800 vs. Omnia W - Not able to decide which one to go for

anond

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Mango folks, need your help and suggestions here. I want to go for one of these two phones, but not able to decide which one. Here in India, Lumia 800 is priced 50% higher than Omnia W which is quite significant.

If I look at the specs, the only difference appears to be the memory (8GB for Omnia vs. 16GB for Lumia) and the camera (5MP vs. 8MP). Is this the only area where Lumia is better? Omnia appears to have a front camera as well, and the display is Super AMOLED compared to AMOLED on Lumia.

It looks like except for the camera resolution, Omnia W is actually a better device than Lumia. Is there something I am missing? Why is Lumia being sold at such a high price compared to Omnia then?

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
if its up to me i will take the lumia 800 for its design , camera , storage and nokia apps on wp7
or you could wait a couple of months for lumia 900 with tango update rumors says it has the same design like the 800 with 4.3" front facing camera and 32G storage cpu memory unknown at the moment

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Only worry about the front facing camera if you want to do video chatting. Note, you can still do video chating with out a front facing camera, you just can not see the other person if it is pointing at you!

Really, you have to ask your self, do you need that extra 8 gigs of storage and is it worth the cost to you?

neshyd

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the Lumia 800. I had the Focus Flash (Omnia W) and all it had was about 6GB of memory on reset. Not too much to work with in my opinion...

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If you can afford it, go for the lumia; Nokia hardware quality better than samsung and also both units have LED screens, you wouldn't be missing out on that. Nokia has a far superior camera than the samsung. I have a focus at the moment and half of my brain is telling me to buy nokia :)

anond

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks folks. I guess space would not be a problem since I don't do much music. And 6GB is enough space for a massive number of apps. After what enahs555 said, I had almost decided on the Omnia W, but looking one more time at the Lumia, the clear black display is really pulling me to it. Like nitin888 in the other thread, I would have readily thrown my money Nokia's way if it had been just a couple of thousand rupees lesser. Pretty indecisive at the moment.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I hold an N9 for the first time yesterday and literally froze up, the client was like: What are you looking at the phone funny?

He though I was a weird but I just kept fantasizing about having a Lumia in my hand. The client left :(

It's a striking phone, the Focus Flash is alright but Dat lumia mmm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion