Bing music search broken?

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it broken or does it just suck? It worked a couple times for me right after I upgraded to Mango but now it won't find anything. I'm not taking about obscure songs, but top 20 songs.

Shazam gets them every time but I get nothing from Bing.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's broken. I think the reason some people still prefer an app like Shazam is because it seems Bing music search needs to have the volume up of the song you are trying to identify considerably louder than you would with Shazam.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering what was wrong with my bing music. I have not been able to get it to work at normal listening volumes. Switch over to shazam and get a perfect match every time.

Larkin251

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just tried 6 tracks here on Bing and it got all 6.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It works great for me the quieter the room is. The louder the room is, with that sensitive mic, it usually doesn't work or will even get the song wrong!

I hope they fix that in the next update, it's too sensitive and catches all the other sounds around it. I will however say, it can catch the ambient music in a diner just fine (as long as it's not loud) so I guess take the good with the bad.

So most of the time I don't have a problem (even with low signal) but for the times it doesn't work I'll use SoundHound instead (not as sensitive).

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
sound hound works better for me, it actually doesn't require original track to find the songs (assuming its still on tempo and the notes are too far off...)

bing music works for me as well, id use it on radios if i had a data plan lol, ive been using these services to find background sound tracks my dad asks me to find from youtube

Timeslicing

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys trying this with your headphones plugged it? I found that with my Focus S, the likelihood of a success bing music search greatly decreases if my headphones are plugged in. Just checkin' :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo