Severe Bug: WP7.5 chooses Data connection over Wifi

tal99

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Can everyone who has this problem please report it here

WP7.5 chooses Data connection over Wifi - Microsoft Answers

I really want MS to realise this is a major issue with a lot of people.

Seems like our effort on pushing thesevere bug on MS answers might have helped. At least it seems that Microsoft has acknodlegde the issue. Since we know that fixing of bugs is sometimes slow I'd recommend you keep adding your vote to "me too" in case you also encounter that problem.

I really hope it becomes a top priority for MS to fix this since in comparrision the much talked-about "disappearing keyboard" in my opinion was far less severe than this issue which one could cost real money and will surely make some users leave Windows Phone. I stumble again and again about users asking about "excessive data" and quite often it turns out that it was infact this issue.

bananapeal

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too!

I'm on limited data so this issue is particularly annoying. I had to add the cell-data switch to my home screen to make sure I'm using wifi when I'm at home/school. Then I leave the internet area I have to remember to switch data on... very cumbersome.

Last edited:

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I don't have this "severe bug" on a Mangoed Samsung Focus. Being retired, I'm using wi-fi all day to access the web -at home, someone else's, or at one establishment or another. I can easily keep my limited-data plan under the threshold. At home, I do upgrade my network regularly and have a booster installed -in case that matters. Best "de-bugging" to all. ;)

zzzxyz

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently got AT&T Titan and I see something suspicious myself.

Say I am at home and connected to WiFi. When I wake up the phone, the WiFi icon on the top status bar goes through a little animation (similar to when you first connect to WiFi) as if it is now connecting to WiFi. This makes me wonder what connection was it using when it was doing background data activity.

The cellular data usage report has been higher which makes me think that it might be using cellular network for the background activities.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It's remarkable how immune my 36.9GB Focus is from the long series of "severe bugs" posted on this site. Is it differential luck or exposure?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb