orange tech support android immune to viruses windows phone 7 is not lol

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
orange tech support :android immune to viruses windows phone 7 is not lol lol what ??

MxShk.jpg

What you see below is an excerpt from a conversation between an Orange service representative and a subscriber. In a nutshell, the unsuspecting user is being misled into believing that Windows Phone devices are prone to getting viruses, while Android smartphones are more or less immune to such problems

more : Android is immune to viruses, Windows Phone is not, says Orange customer support

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
On a PC with Windows, programs are dependent on the OS to run, which makes the OS easier to infect with a virus . On a PC running Linux, programs run independently of the OS, meaning, an infected program will not effect the OS. At least in theory. :D I think that's what he was trying to say.

I know there is a lot of malware out there effecting Android phones.

Last edited:

dragonide

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
On a PC with Windows, programs are dependent on the OS to run, which makes the OS easier to infect with a virus . On a PC running Linux, programs, run independently of the OS, meaning, an infected program will not effect the OS. At least in theory. :D I think that's what he was trying to say.

I know there is a lot of malware out there effecting Android phones.

That's not true. Really could not understand the relationship between program dependency with the OS and the difficulty of virus infecting. Btw there is no such thing as OS independency for programs even in Linux ...

Windows is easier to infect coz most users use Administrators account.
Linux security depends on users using normal accounts.
If you use root privileges accounts on Linux and you start executing downloaded **** you can do AS MUCH DAMAGE AS doing the same in Windows. Try and use a normal account in Windows 7 and I want to see if you are able to ruin the whole system. Try a simple 'rm -r /', that could be easily hidden in a stupid bash file, while using your administrator account and you are screwed.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Android and iOS have and are the most virus platforms on the market here, hereand here. I think that they are doing this on purpose. But, there aren't any viruses for Windows Phone OS. So everybody that knows a little about this can judge what platform is the best. :)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

That person likely works for a phone support company. They are probably also taking phone support calls for electric shavers, coffee makers, and the Flowbee all at the same time.

You can't blame them for getting confused now and again.

hss.strat

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
On a PC with Windows, programs are dependent on the OS to run, which makes the OS easier to infect with a virus . On a PC running Linux, programs run independently of the OS, meaning, an infected program will not effect the OS. At least in theory. :D I think that's what he was trying to say.

WhatchyoutalkinboutWillis? :confused:

Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, Unix, BeOS, OS2 all are susceptible to viruses. Windows just happens to be the most common operating system in the world, and therefore the most targeted. The aforementioned user privileges issue is also of large concern. Most computer virus infections are U53R error. Windows has gotten really good about warning people when things are going to be changed or installed or moved, etc. etc. but nobody pays attention to the messages, they just click the button that makes it go away.

"Techs" don't know what they're talking about. 'nuff said.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think reps and support agents got together, and completely failed their exams in learning the products. I don't know how people can be reps or support agents and not know the back and forth of the products they are selling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett