Sprint/Verizon sales state WP7 are full of Bugs & Android does not.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My apologies if I made a mistake, but I also recall having copy and paste from day one on my Trophy.

the Trophy didn't come out until after the NoDo update was already in place so, cut and paste WAS with the Trophy from day one of the Trophy's availability. But the Trophy was pretty late to market among the gen 1 WP7 phones so there were quite a few of us who did start out without cut and paste.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
the Trophy didn't come out until after the NoDo update was already in place so, cut and paste WAS with the Trophy from day one of the Trophy's availability. But the Trophy was pretty late to market among the gen 1 WP7 phones so there were quite a few of us who did start out without cut and paste.

Let's hope its full speed ahead from here. I had the original iPhone back in I think 07, that also didn't have cut and paste.
And to tell you the truth, that and a few other things was the dealbreaker for me. Getting a little off topic, I am still happy with my Trophy. But if VZW does not come out with anothwer Windows phone with a non touch keyboard, that may be the dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I own a Htc Arrive and I don't think I could make it a day with the Galaxy Nexus with all the problems people are having. I know it's fun to fool around but when it is time for business you need a phone that just works. Not one problem with my Sprint windows phone except maybe Sprint, lol.

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it too late for you to correct this wrong done to them?

Sorry, I got super busy the past couple weeks and did not get to respond until today. In fact, I did try and rectify the issue, but I could tell after a long phone conversation with Sprint her heart was not in it anymore.

I usually do not give up on on things like this, but she lost her motivation and is "satisfied" with her sub-par phone. I think what is more upsetting is the Manager sold her such a poor android phone over the Arrive. She also is not very techy and I think because the "Manager" works with the cell carrier she believes he 'must' know about all the OS's and wouldn't try to sway anyone. I think about how many people are like my sister and can how easily they can be convinced once they walk through the cell phone stores not to buy a wp7, or at least allow people to make up their mind by providing all the +/- of each platform and I get sad. [sorry long sentence and too tired to edit it. :)]

Last edited:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The thing I don't understand is that if those on here love WP so much why wouldn't you go in store with those who want a wp? Or even better help them order one online? It makes no sense to ***** about something if you do not help them or if you go in store with them and allow them to buy something else. Just doesn't make sense to me, If i was with them I would be sure they would get what they wanted and not what the rep or manager said.

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The thing I don't understand is that if those on here love WP so much why wouldn't you go in store with those who want a wp? Or even better help them order one online? It makes no sense to ***** about something if you do not help them or if you go in store with them and allow them to buy something else. Just doesn't make sense to me, If i was with them I would be sure they would get what they wanted and not what the rep or manager said.

First off, the post was intially written to share an experience. Next, it doesn't make sense to hold someone's hand to make a purchase at a store as you suggest. The other aspect to this is with my family of 3 kids and 2 elderly parents, I personally don't have time to walk into a store to help my 'older' sister purchase a phone. I see your point, but I find your comment a tad silly. Also at the end of the day it is the individuals decision not ours with what they want. If she was "GIVEN" the correct information and not sold on bias nonsense she might have ended up with a WP, and maybe not. Either way,I look at it like this. People are being sold phones based on bias, myth, inaccuracies, rep incentives, and not being allowed to make their decision. How would I or anyone else be any different than the Sprint Rep if we drive them to the store to 'make' sure they buy a WP7 phone. The more I read your comment, the more I find it absurd.

Last edited:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
First off, the post was intially written to share an experience. Next, it doesn't make sense to hold someone's hand to make a purchase at a store as you suggest. The other aspect to this is with my family of 3 kids and 2 elderly parents, I personally don't have time to walk into a store to help my 'older' sister purchase a phone. I see your point, but I find your comment a tad silly. Also at the end of the day it is the individuals decision not ours with what they want. If she was "GIVEN" the correct information and not sold on bias nonsense she might have ended up with a WP, and maybe not. Either way,I look at it like this. People are being sold phones based on bias, myth, inaccuracies, rep incentives, and not being allowed to make their decision. How would I or anyone else be any different than the Sprint Rep if we drive them to the store to 'make' sure they buy a WP7 phone. The more I read your comment, the more I find it absurd.

Then don't complain when a rep does what you said. Clearly your sister wasn't sold enough on wp that she let the rep sell her something else.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Then don't complain when a rep does what you said. Clearly your sister wasn't sold enough on wp that she let the rep sell her something else.

I think the point he was trying to make that his sister should be able to make a decision based on accurate information. The rep didn't give her accurate and truthful information from which to base a decision on.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the point he was trying to make that his sister should be able to make a decision based on accurate information. The rep didn't give her accurate and truthful information from which to base a decision on.

99% of the stuff you will be told won't be accurate. That is why there is google to do a little research on their own and not be pushed into something from someone else.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
99% of the stuff you will be told won't be accurate. That is why there is google to do a little research on their own and not be pushed into something from someone else.

I think that 99% is a pretty large exaggeration. And it's not like everything you read on the internet from a Google search is exactly accurate.

It's not asking for much to expect a salesperson to be honest. Sure, they could have a bias and try to steer you towards their preference by pointing on the strong points of one thing over another. But it's pretty unprofessional and bad business practice to outright lie about a product. And when all is said and done, wouldn't you agree that we should expect professionalism from these businesses? That's not exactly too high a standard to set. And it sure beats having no standards.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think that 99% is a pretty large exaggeration. And it's not like everything you read on the internet from a Google search is exactly accurate.

It's not asking for much to expect a salesperson to be honest. Sure, they could have a bias and try to steer you towards their preference by pointing on the strong points of one thing over another. But it's pretty unprofessional and bad business practice to outright lie about a product. And when all is said and done, wouldn't you agree that we should expect professionalism from these businesses? That's not exactly too high a standard to set. And it sure beats having no standards.

What if they aren't lying but misinformed and go by how many people return a product and why they returned it?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What if they aren't lying but misinformed and go by how many people return a product and why they returned it?

Considering it's their job to be informed, saying things like "It has a lot of bugs." without doing their own research is irresponsible. They're the ones that are supposed to be the professionals.

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
A big thank you to Winning Guy! I wasn't going to put a response in because you responded so well, and redr still didn't understand. But, what the heck. :)

@redraider-Ok, that makes it alright then!? The employees giving incorrect/bias information out as fact because they are forming their 'fact' from a person who returned a phone. Your reponse that 99% of what people are told as a consumer at a retail store/speciality store are not true, therefore people should use google for all their information and learning needs! You forgot to include wikipedia!

Ignoratio elenchi, or are you using the "chewbacca defense"? Because what you are posting, does not make sense!

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
A big thank you to Winning Guy! I wasn't going to put a response in because you responded so well, and redr still didn't understand. But, what the heck. :)

@redraider-Ok, that makes it alright then!? The employees giving incorrect/bias information out as fact because they are forming their 'fact' from a person who returned a phone. Your reponse that 99% of what people are told as a consumer at a retail store/speciality store are not true, therefore people should use google for all their information and learning needs! You forgot to include wikipedia!

Ignoratio elenchi, or are you using the "chewbacca defense"? Because what you are posting, does not make sense!

I never said it makes it alright but if they see a lot of phones being returned for bugs I guess those people must not know how to use their phones because wp has no bugs according to people on here. FYI every os has its share of bugs. Plus if the carriers(their employer) do not feel it is necessary to train them well in various OS's no they most likely do not feel they need to know it. You can argue all you want but that is like saying your boss trains you on something and only that yet you are expected to do your own research. That ain't how it works!

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia should capitalize on this oppourtunity promote the 710 as bug free, with all the latest features copy-paste, multi tasking and of course show off all the amazing everyday awesome ness. Also make sure to mention best phone at a low value just to prove a point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)