Sprint/Verizon sales state WP7 are full of Bugs & Android does not.

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint/Verizon employees state WP7 are full of Bugs & Android has none

My Nepew and Sister recently went in to Sprint to buy new phones. My nephew wanted the WP7 but the sales associate told them that they shouldn't get a WP7 because it is full of bugs and never gets updates. He then sold them the HTC EVO-Shift (yes an evo-shift!). My sister followed up by calling Sprint and the sales associate over the phone stated they should buy the Iphone or an Android and not the WP7 phone because of all the bugs it has!

I have to say I am not surprised because I had the same issue earlier this year, but I educated myself prior to purchasing phones for my wife and I. I was first with Verizon and wanted to buy the Trophy. The Verizon sales associates were so rude and dogged WP7 when I was attempting to make a purchase I decided to switch carriers. One of the worst experiences I have ever had at a retailer.

I moved to T-Mobile and purchased my wife an android and the HD7. The employees were not educated about the WP7 phone at all, but at least the employees stated such. The service was poor in my area, so another switcheroo, this time to Sprint.

When we moved to Sprint again, the employees did not know anything about the WP7. The lady helping us was very polite but I had to show her how to turn on the phone and set up the email on the phone, etc. She admitted she never played with the phone/plateform before I had purchased it. The male employee tried to interrupt the sale stating I shouldn't get the WP7 and I should get one of the android instead because the device is buggy and personal information is not safe with WP7 devices, etc.

Just thought I would share my families recent experience and my personal experience with Verizon and Sprint regarding the WP7. What bothered me the most is my nephew really wanted the phone but my sister listened to the BS from the Sprint employees, and now she in convinced that the phones are crappy?!

I think they can step up advertising but what good will it be if people go into stores such as Sprint/Verizon and they are told inaccurate information. I think the majority of people trust what they are told in the stores thinking the information is fact and do not do their own research.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
MS needs more secret shoppers to highlight these issues and address them with the carriers or else WP7 will not get anywhere in the US.

ZeroT3K

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Nepew and Sister recently went in to Sprint to buy new phones. My nephew wanted the WP7 but the sales associate told them that they shouldn't get a WP7 because it is full of bugs and never gets updates. He then sold them the HTC EVO-Shift (yes an evo-shift!). My sister followed up by calling Sprint and the sales associate over the phone stated they should buy the Iphone or an Android and not the WP7 phone because of all the bugs it has!

I have to say I am not surprised because I had the same issue earlier this year, but I educated myself prior to purchasing phones for my wife and I. I was first with Verizon and wanted to buy the Trophy. The Verizon sales associates were so rude and dogged WP7 when I was attempting to make a purchase I decided to switch carriers. One of the worst experiences I have ever had at a retailer.

I moved to T-Mobile and purchased my wife an android and the HD7. The employees were not educated about the WP7 phone at all, but at least the employees stated such. The service was poor in my area, so another switcheroo, this time to Sprint.

When we moved to Sprint again, the employees did not know anything about the WP7. The lady helping us was very polite but I had to show her how to turn on the phone and set up the email on the phone, etc. She admitted she never played with the phone/plateform before I had purchased it. The male employee tried to interrupt the sale stating I shouldn't get the WP7 and I should get one of the android instead because the device is buggy and personal information is not safe with WP7 devices, etc.

Just thought I would share my families recent experience and my personal experience with Verizon and Sprint regarding the WP7. What bothered me the most is my nephew really wanted the phone but my sister listened to the BS from the Sprint employees, and now she in convinced that the phones are crappy?!

I think they can step up advertising but what good will it be if people go into stores such as Sprint/Verizon and they are told inaccurate information. I think the majority of people trust what they are told in the stores thinking the information is fact and do not do their own research.
I like to remember the time when I first bought my T-Mobile G1. I had to move to iPhone for awhile because Android had the ****tiest time getting out the door. ****, it took companies a year to even start advertising the actual Android OS along with the phone than just the phone itself.

Just give it till the middle of next year. You'll start seeing the same reps you see now touting Windows Phone saying they've used them since day one and how awesome they are ;D

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was using WebOS on Sprint. Wanted out of Sprint and my phone was falling aparat. It's my only phone so I HAD to switch. Played with Android but was unimpressed. Played with WP7, on an HD7 and really liked it. When I went to the T-Mo store to buy one the sales person did everything he could to detur me from purchasing the HD7. Said you couldn't download apps. Said he only reccomends it for very special situations. I asked him what situations and he froze. He couldn't think of one. Told him I hate the Android experience and don't buy things just because it's popular. Left the store unhappy.

I endded up buying my HD7 on ebay, brand new for $200. I activated the phone using the included SIM over the phone with a T-Mo rep.

I actually do have an Android phone as well; the HTC Amaze 4G. Occasionally I swap the SIM into it. However, it's disjointed user-experience makes it more of a toy rather than a tool. I mainly use it as a PMP/portable gaming device.

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps MS should offer some type of commission for the sales clerks to sell Windows Phones. At least then the clerks will want to play with the phones to be able to sell it better :p

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The carriers probably don't care which they sell, but I'm sure they would if they realized they were losing sales, every time.

When I went to the at&t store by my job, she showed me where it was and that was it. That was more than I expected. I guess since she was the asst manager, that was probably why I didn't experience what most do when asking about windows phone.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My ATT store here in Ft Smith is doing well with showing people WP along with android and the Iphone. I was impressed that the reps knew about the addition of the mango features and while they were mostly using the vivid and skyrocket they could show people the wp features on the titan and focus s. Progress! Now if ATT will hurry up rolling out the 900 and the newset rumored HTC LTE phone with a 4.7 screen I'll be ready to relegate my focus to backup duty or give it to my son or my son in law!

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I didnt make it past the thread title without laughing right out loud. I needed that :)

Man, I get sales tactics and all, but there's creative exxageration, then there's lying.

"Hey, I know you like that small car, but everyone is buying these 5.0 liter V8's. Trust me, these are way more fuel efficient, easier to maintain, and we have a dozen different models with the same hardware under the hood!"

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I went into my local AT&T store and asked if they had the Titan. The guys asked me, "Do you work for Microsoft or something?" which I thought was an odd question. They didn't have the Titan but he showed me the Focus S and said he thought it was a good phone but felt it lacked the customization that Android has. He took a look at my Venue Pro, which he had never seen, and was impressed with it.

dragonide

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I went into my local AT&T store and asked if they had the Titan. The guys asked me, "Do you work for Microsoft or something?" which I thought was an odd question. They didn't have the Titan but he showed me the Focus S and said he thought it was a good phone but felt it lacked the customization that Android has. He took a look at my Venue Pro, which he had never seen, and was impressed with it.

You should have answered : "I just want the best phone ever. Do you work for Google instead?"

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless it is just my Trophy, it does have a few annoying bugs, (great little device but bugs) which I have stated in other threads.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
One conversation I had at an AT&T store involved a brief mention of the WP7 shortcomings right at release (like no copy and paste). They said they had a lot of returns around that time.

It makes me frustrated because Mango really is what WP7 should have been at the beginning.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
One conversation I had at an AT&T store involved a brief mention of the WP7 shortcomings right at release (like no copy and paste). They said they had a lot of returns around that time.

It makes me frustrated because Mango really is what WP7 should have been at the beginning.

Whomever told you there is no copy and paste on WP7 misinformed you. Because my Trophy, and as far as I know all WP7 devices do.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
He said right at release. There was no Copy and Paste for months after release.

And a lot of people did return WP7 devices because the OS was severely limiting pre-Mango. It was like a souped up feature phone OS.

And that poster is right. Mango should have been released back then with an update bringing it on par with at least iOS being released when Mango was released.

I think it was a mistake to release WP7 when they did because they didn't get any traction at all, and things are still rather slow. They should have waited and released it when Mango was baked with more... enthusiastic devices.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I've always said that. They certainly shouldn't have released it pre-NoDo, that's for sure.

Regarding Palm Pre: Everyone knew that phone had a crappy build quality. It was well stated in pretty much every review. If you bought that plastic block not expecting it to fall apart, then I dunno what to say. Sometimes you have to weigh build quality in pretty heavily when making a purchase. I wish I had with the HD7. Then again, there were no other choices, so I guess I can sympathize with you there. But WebOS was not worth it on the Pre's hardware, just as WP7 is not worth it on pretty bad phones like the HD7 and DVP assuming you want an all-around excellent experience (hardware and software).

Last edited:

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
He said right at release. There was no Copy and Paste for months after release.

And a lot of people did return WP7 devices because the OS was severely limiting pre-Mango. It was like a souped up feature phone OS.

And that poster is right. Mango should have been released back then with an update bringing it on par with at least iOS being released when Mango was released.

I think it was a mistake to release WP7 when they did because they didn't get any traction at all, and things are still rather slow. They should have waited and released it when Mango was baked with more... enthusiastic devices.

Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I've always said that. They certainly shouldn't have released it pre-NoDo, that's for sure.

Regarding Palm Pre: Everyone knew that phone had a crappy build quality. It was well stated in pretty much every review. If you bought that plastic block not expecting it to fall apart, then I dunno what to say. Sometimes you have to weigh build quality in pretty heavily when making a purchase. I wish I had with the HD7. Then again, there were no other choices, so I guess I can sympathize with you there. But WebOS was not worth it on the Pre's hardware, just as WP7 is not worth it on pretty bad phones like the HD7 and DVP assuming you want an all-around excellent experience (hardware and software).

My apologies if I made a mistake, but I also recall having copy and paste from day one on my Trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)