Problem removing ringtones from phone using Zune

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Titan phone. I created a bunch of ringtones and copied them over to my phone. When I look under ringtones I see most of them. When I go into Zune and tell them to not sync anymore to my phone and remove them from my collection, they are not being deleted off my phone. They are being deleted off my computer. How do I remove these from the phone without having to manually delete each one?

When I check the summary it says they have been removed.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps Zune doesn't treat them as part of your collection.

I only have one personalised ring tone on my phone and it's not in my collection in Zune, but Zune never deletes it from my phone. (Like it does with my music)

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps Zune doesn't treat them as part of your collection.

I only have one personalised ring tone on my phone and it's not in my collection in Zune, but Zune never deletes it from my phone. (Like it does with my music)

Do you know of a way to make sure when I add them they are part of my collection?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure to be honest joshua, i have only the one ringtone and it did originally show in my collection but isn't now, but it's still on my phone.

Hopefully someone who uses ringtones more than I do will be along soon to help you out. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No help whatsoever I'm afraid Joshua, it's just a thing i never use. Sorry about that. :)

Don't worry, someone who has tons of ringtones will be a long shortly I'm sure. :D

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I did it

Do you know of a way to make sure when I add them they are part of my collection?

I've recently been doing ringtones so here's my observations:

1) In Zune, click Settings (for the PC) and verify the Zune folder for music. If you put your ringtones here, they'll go into your collection
2) In Zune, click Settings (for the phone) and verify the All button under Music is checked. This setting will keep your PC and phone in sync so deletions on the PC will also remove the item on the phone

For me, it got screwy when I tried to do manual sync on purpose for my pictures. But that's another story for another day. HTH!

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've recently been doing ringtones so here's my observations:

1) In Zune, click Settings (for the PC) and verify the Zune folder for music. If you put your ringtones here, they'll go into your collection
2) In Zune, click Settings (for the phone) and verify the All button under Music is checked. This setting will keep your PC and phone in sync so deletions on the PC will also remove the item on the phone

For me, it got screwy when I tried to do manual sync on purpose for my pictures. But that's another story for another day. HTH!

Thanks I will try it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs