IE9 loads new mobile site page over existing page

RPKS

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. There is a particular mobile site that I use for work that is set up to look kind of like an iPhone interface (it's m.goclio.com). In fact, it might have been designed with an iPhone in mind. In other words, after you login there are a series of horizontal bars with text and when you click on one, you see the iPhone wheel/star/Wal-Mart logo "thinking" icon spinning around and then it is supposed to sort of scroll to the the next page. Not sure if that makes sense, but I don't really know how to describe it any better.

Anyway, when I do that on this site, it just loads the new page right on top of the existing page, so I have a bunch of garbled text on the screen. If I open a new tab it works fine. This happens in IE9 and it also happens in Surf Cube. Any ideas? Thanks!

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Certainly looks like an iphone app. I would say the developers only intended it to run on the iphone in safari (which is a webkit-based browser) and have implemented webkit-specific functionality. You can see it doesn't render properly in any non-webkit browser, it works fine in Safari and Chrome but not in IE9 (mobile or desktop), Firefox or Opera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss