My windows phone is not loading!

skuja

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, few months ago i bought my HTC Mozart phone. Been using it for sometime without major problems. Mango update went smooth and all other updates as well. But after last update i made last friday something has gone wrong. That friday i was quite busy at work so i didnt paid much atention to my phone. Then i noticed that my battery was very low and decided to connect it to pc for a charging. When i connected my phone, zune i saw notifications for an update available. As i was quite busy i didnt check which update it was and chose to install it. The update installed and phone worked ok, except i noticed one weird thing - i am left handed, so when i have the phone in my hand my little finger is on backpanel right about where camera button is located. So when i held phone in my hand the camera switched on and started taking pictures. At first i thought that camera button stucked and tried tu take off the moving part of case where camera button is and tried to carefully put it back on. It didnt help and i decided to try to fix it when i get back home. With camera switching on every time i held phone in my hand battery dried very quick untiled it was empty after few hours and phone switched off.
At home i charged it for some time and tried to switch back on. The HTC loading screen appears and after that comes up a screen with an image with phone, usb cable and laptop (Just like the one when i am making updates).
When i connect phone to my pc zune offers only to create a software restore to a previous version.
Restore takes about half an hour and i can see a loading screen on my phone and in zune. When restore is complete and phone restarts, the same screen is visible again and i am stuck with this. I tried to restore it several times nothing changes.
I tried to make hard reset - holding volume buttons pressed while turning on the phone, but it is not working.
Do you guys have any clues what could be the problem ? I cant find my phones guarantee documents so i would like to try to fix this myself, before i take it to repair service.
Is there a way to install fresh copy of windows phone software? I think it is only solution i can try for now.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It does sound like a camera button problem. The camera + power button gets you that screen on many phone systems. Not sure about Mozart, but likely.

skuja

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Guess what!? You were totaly right! I took off backpanel and took a closer look to the camera button, and it appeared to be stuck. I took a tooth pick and carefully pressed on it for a few times. When the button moved out, i tried to switch my phone on and everything loaded just fine. Thanks again enahs!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just recently had a Focus replaced because the power button was sticking, causing trouble. It happens. You are welcome, glad it works now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos