Help! Samsung Focus can't/won't update to 7.5 Mango!

jhkaplan

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
I just got a new Samsung Focus (not S) and it will not update to Mango. I plugged it in to my computer and checked for update, downloaded the update, and went through the install procedure. I've done this 3 times now, and it goes through without error. However, as soon as it's done saying it has installed, I check and it's still on 7.0!

Any idea what I can do to get this thing to upgrade? No matter what I do, I cannot get this thing to update. I've tried 3 times now and can't get it past 7.0...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you are missing an update. Don't unplug it after the first update. Leave it plugged in running Zune and see if another update starts in a few minutes.

jhkaplan

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
Maybe you are missing an update. Don't unplug it after the first update. Leave it plugged in running Zune and see if another update starts in a few minutes.

Yeah I actually just noticed that it does incremental updates, so I was way behind before on 7.0.XXX, then updated to 7.0.YYY, then 7.0.ZZZ, and now finally 7.5. That was strange...

Random question; I'm on a Mac. Do you know where the updates that WP7 Connector downloads, are saved?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss