Indian TV show specifies some cons for WP OS & Lumia 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkr10001

All Indians live Nokia....don't worry about it. They will buy it. I've seen enough comments on nokias Facebook updates....i love Nokia is greatest ever phone in the world better than all others thank you please.....

wpcitizen

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
recently i had to transfer some pictures that i took from my titan to my wife's android tablet. here is the solution that i found: we both use WhatsApp app on WP7 and Android. I used this app to tranfer the images. yes, i was on home wifi too. i think most of the engineers or businessman ( based on the affordablity in India for lumia) who are going to be the first customers of lumia phones in india will have wifi at work or home for sure. i hope MS fixes the issue in the next release.

paperkraft

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I am feeling that Lumia will fail in India. Look at these comments on the TV shows facebook handle:

Indians do mass transfer on bluetooth. Its a dealbreaker.

Rishi Shinde
No front camera , no bluetooth, zune and what no google search engine i

don't like lumia 800. Galaxy S2 is greater than lumia 800.

Nishant Chhabra
Has Nokia lumia 710 consists same problems like lumia 810 (front camera

bluetooth etc
) ?

Anup Jadhav
no bluetooth,no front camera,and irritating zune app shame on u nokia.we

are not expecting from u.

Others are also saying that these lackness at so great price is a Big No.

I'm from India and I totally agree with the "no bluetooth file transfers"[1] and "the phone is too expensive"[2] complaints. But I don't think that the lack of front facing camera is a major thing. I've never seen anyone using it for video calling, and you know how expensive the 3G plans here are. Maybe it's just me and the region I'm living in.

[1] Most people I know don't buy or pirate songs from the internet, they just transfer the songs from their friend's mobile.

[2] Most people here care only about getting the most bang for the buck. They focus on spec sheets and overlook things like industrial design, smoothness of the OS etc. That's why they say Galaxy S2 with its plastic body and Android OS is superior to Lumia with WP7.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If google comes up with garbage bing will in pretty much every identical case. Google search is tops, but without a good dedicated app. Good being the key word. It's not worth using google as the default.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

well, that might be your experience, but believe it or not i have got better results with bing at times.

overall google is better, no doubting that.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm from India and I totally agree with the "no bluetooth file transfers"[1] and "the phone is too expensive"[2] complaints. But I don't think that the lack of front facing camera is a major thing. I've never seen anyone using it for video calling, and you know how expensive the 3G plans here are. Maybe it's just me and the region I'm living in.

[1] Most people I know don't buy or pirate songs from the internet, they just transfer the songs from their friend's mobile.

[2] Most people here care only about getting the most bang for the buck. They focus on spec sheets and overlook things like industrial design, smoothness of the OS etc. That's why they say Galaxy S2 with its plastic body and Android OS is superior to Lumia with WP7.

the specs comparison is very true. and personally i like that there is no bluetooth file transfer allowed, anyway there's too much piracy...

L

lumic

Pin Google to your homescreen or download their app. There's also a third-party version from Alixide, and from talking to the developer it seems like a Mango version is coming (currently broken). Other platforms don't consistently provide a search button, so there's no difference anyhow.

If you're planning to use your phone as a standalone PC, go buy an Android. Out of the big three, only Google views a smartphone as a full-blown computer. If you want music, buy it off Zune or subscribe to a streaming service. There's a reason why they exist.

Can I share Videos/songs/Photos with my friend over Bluetooth?
Feature request: allow us to illegally distribute music over bluetooth.

Go ahead, post it at http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

Don't have the balls to? Stop asking for it.

Mahesha999

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Pin Google to your homescreen or download their app. There's also a third-party version from Alixide, and from talking to the developer it seems like a Mango version is coming (currently broken). Other platforms don't consistently provide a search button, so there's no difference anyhow.

If you're planning to use your phone as a standalone PC, go buy an Android. Out of the big three, only Google views a smartphone as a full-blown computer. If you want music, buy it off Zune or subscribe to a streaming service. There's a reason why they exist.

Feature request: allow us to illegally distribute music over bluetooth.

Go ahead, post it at Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Don't have the balls to? Stop asking for it.
Dear its not we want to share illegally. But I feel its what people do for sure. And I know MS is well aware of that.

Gates himself quoted in one interview
"It is easier to compete when their is a piracy than when there is not!"

I seriously feel this Bluetooth feature is a must if WP has to succeed in India.

Check out the some resposes of people on the TV shows facebook handle:http://www.facebook.com/TechGuruIndia?sk=wall
Mohsin K. Shaikh thanx guys.. aap logo ne meri ankhein khol di mai bs nxt day hi fone lene ja raha tha, thanx 4 saving me
(English: Thanks guys.. you opened my eyes. I was to just go and buy this phone on next day. Thanks for saving me)
Rishi Shinde No front camera , no bluetooth, zune and what no google search engine i don't like lumia 800. Galaxy S2 is greater than lumia 800.
Anup Jadhav no bluetooth,no front camera,and irritating zune app shame on u nokia.we are not expecting from u.
Nishant Chhabra Has Nokia lumia 710 consists same problems like lumia 810 (front camera bluetooth etc) ?

Last edited:
L

lumic

That isn't a quote, that's a paraphrase (and one with no source at that). It's not a feature that is needed worldwide, and Microsoft is very aware of that. Why else would it be still omitted?

If a FFC is what you need, don't get the Lumia 800. Simple. If you want a fully independent phone experience, buy an Android. Simple.

If you want Google search front and foremost, the S2 has no search button either. I don't care for and Microsoft does not care for Google fanboys or fools who follow a spec sheet. Half those guys are talking out of their ass. "My phone has X feature that yours doesn't. Yes, I've never even touched the feature, but I still have it."

Android is butt-ugly to me, yet I don't whine about it on every facebook wall and tech blog. You know why? I'm not an asshole.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You can toggle the search engine in mango. Before mango it was carrier controlled an people revolted because of the fragmented experience. They fixed that. It's in the settings somewhere. It should not be hard to find.

Unless your carrier made Microsoft/oem remove it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have a carrier unlocked device straight from Nokia and it does not have this option.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Dear its not we want to share illegally. But I feel its what people do for sure. And I know MS is well aware of that.

Gates himself quoted in one interview
"It is easier to compete when their is a piracy than when there is not!"

I seriously feel this Bluetooth feature is a must if WP has to succeed in India.

Check out the some resposes of people on the TV shows facebook handle:Tech Guru - Wall | Facebook
Mohsin K. Shaikh thanx guys.. aap logo ne meri ankhein khol di mai bs nxt day hi fone lene ja raha tha, thanx 4 saving me
(English: Thanks guys.. you opened my eyes. I was to just go and buy this phone on next day. Thanks for saving me)
Rishi Shinde No front camera , no bluetooth, zune and what no google search engine i don't like lumia 800. Galaxy S2 is greater than lumia 800.
Anup Jadhav no bluetooth,no front camera,and irritating zune app shame on u nokia.we are not expecting from u.
Nishant Chhabra Has Nokia lumia 710 consists same problems like lumia 810 (front camera bluetooth etc) ?

bluetooth transfer is most probably never going to come. iOS 5 also does not have it, and that is for a reason. Microsoft is following a similar policy.they want to build an ecosystem similar to iTunes/app store.
Tango and apollo will bring many new features.you can enjoy them.
Bluetooth transfer is unlikely.so stop bothering about it.Live with it otherwise don't buy the phone.simples.

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
i kinda understand where your need for bluetooth transfer is coming from.. not so long ago, we had spice cellphone advertising on mainstream tv about the dual memory card feature and the ability to copy movies from to another.. forgetting the fact about piracy straight away!! :)

M

mkr10001

if I haven't seen it used or heard of anyone use it since then, its unlikely that it will be needed. iOS excludes this feature too but I don't see anyone flaming apple for it because apple can do no wrong apparently.

Nobodys flaming anyone. Its such a small and easy to implement feature, begs the question why not just put it in anyway. Despite what you say....lots of people still use Bluetooth

L

lumic

its not about how much its used, its about the fact at some point somebody will need to use it
That is absolutely not what you aim for when creating a good user experience. You obviously no nothing of the matter, so I suggest you keep your arguments to "I want the feature".

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That is absolutely not what you aim for when creating a good user experience. You obviously no nothing of the matter, so I suggest you keep your arguments to "I want the feature".

Maybe for some people, and not only in India, sending files and images between devices via bluetooth is a major part of a "good user experience". I live in Germany and it's something I've gotten so used to, I find it hard to live without.

To be honest, I've always been against iOS because you could only exchange through iTunes. Now we have a Lumia at home, and it will only work though Zune, so I've got what I didn't want.

Until now, if we wanted to send a picture to a device, we looked up the known devices, chose it - bang! it was there, in a folder.

Now we have to make sure the computer with Zune on it is running, and it has to go though that device only. It's really much more restricted.

At home, my wife and I have a desktop PC, and a laptop each, and a smartphone each. On top of that, I have a work laptop and a work smartphone - 7 devices, which we could freely send files to and fro.

That is what I consider to be a good user experience.

Don't automatically assume that what you consider to be a good user experience will automatically be a good user experience for everyone else. It is very subjective.

M

mkr10001

You really are stupid aren't you? How is adding features that people may want to use not what to aim for? How do I KNOW (LEARN TO SPELL) nothing of the matter?

No sending via Bluetooth - potentially unhappy customers or even loss of customers
Sending via Bluetooth - everyones happy, whether you use it or not. No one is going to start complaining about the inclusion of proper Bluetooth.

Unpleasant P.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos